Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a new 2009 Red V Star 950. Was wondering what a good price is OTD on one of these to see if I good a good deal or bad deal.

I'm a new rider, drove it around the block in my neighborhood, very nice. Passed a BRC last week.

Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got mine brand new for 10k; 8k after 2k down.

Welcome to the boards by the way.
Thank you for responding, this was my deal breakdown from today for the Red 950 after haggling with them for a couple of weeks:

Bike: $7,279.83
Freight and Setup: $170.00
Dealer Doc Prep Fee: $298.50
AZ Sales Tax: $589.67
Title Fee: $12.00
Registration Fee: $118.00

Out the Door: $8,468.00

Financing for 5.99% APR

They also gave me 20% off on the helmet, jacket and gloves.

Did I get hit with any BS fees? Do you all think this was a good deal?

Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought a black 950T on May 29th. The negotiations started at MSRP which is $8990, plus $1.30/lb for Freight & Setup. Yes, the freight and setup was $840. When it was all said and done, I ended up paying MSRP+license and fees. There wasn't much wiggle room. They knew I wanted the bike and there was only 1 available in the Portland metro area. Supply and Demand didn't work in my favor.

No regrets though. I love the bike and ride it nearly every day. Work, store, errands, etc.. I put a full tank of Diesel in my truck on May 29th and still have 3/4 tank left. So far, the bike is paying for itself.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a quote in my hand for a black 09 950,

Bike 7,300, sales tax (5%) $365, Temp Tag $11, Doc and Licence Fees, $63. Total OTD $7,739.00

No gimicks, no bs.

I was also looking at an 09 1100, OTD $8,475, and a leftover 07 1300, OTD $8,685.

With these prices, I'm struggling to pick a bike. I went in looking at the 1100, but with the price of the 950, and 1300, I'm not sure which way I want to go. (I liked tham all) decisions decisions

I'll take the boss (the wife) and pick the one she likes. :):D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I paid 9919.00 OTD with a three years service contract for my black cherry 950 Tourer. I put 4919.00 down and financed 5000.00 for 60 months at 5.99% APR.

Flip

·
Registered
74 Posts
I guess I should mention that I'm located in California and our sales tax is now 9.25% because our government can't seem to watch our budget. Or better yet, they watch it go right out the door due to their overspending.

So, my bike probably cost a bit more than others.

·
Administrator
15,534 Posts
in Austin, TX i paid $8,300 OTD. my deal was for the bike and not the accessories that i got (helmet, windshield, etc.). they were actually assembling the bike as i was driving over there getting them to beat a competitor's price.

eprovenzano - those are awesome deals. btw guys, under Obama's stimulus plan that passed, WE GET TO DEDUCT SALES TAX FROM OUR NEWLY PURCHASED BIKES ON NEXT YEAR'S TAXES, in case anyone hadn't realized that yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't have the breakdown in front of me, but my out the door price with tags registration and tax and an hjc is-33 helmet thrown in was $8123 and for a blue 950 here in Mn. May 15th

1 - 9 of 9 Posts