Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!!!

I'm new here. I hope your day is good so far.
I would like to get new LED light for my bike and wonder if any of you know what is a good choice when it comes to getting a new LED headlight that works good and it is easy to install, without braking the bank.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kelvyn

·
Registered
956 Posts
Welcome from Columbus, OH! There is a ton of information on this site regarding lighting. There are some good threads by @bevo1981 and others that help with lighting. Myself, I installed a LED headlight and honestly I love how bright it is but I am not impressed with how it lights up the road. Upon further investigation this is a common problem if you do not address the other components of the headlamp assembly. I know others will be weighing in to welcome you and they will no doubt have additional information. In the mean time snoop around and enjoy the forum and get your camera ready as many will be asking to see pics of your bike.
1.jpg

·
Registered
956 Posts
If you go to the search community toolbar at the top of the forum and type in LED Headlight or headlamp you will get a bunch of info...Happy reading!

·
Registered
2008 vstar 1100 classic canadian edition
45 Posts
goto ebay, got them for the vstar 1100 head light and passing lamps under $100 canadian, china brand, but everything is made there. work great no problems, i tried the triangle led bulb cheap nice and easy but doesn't compare to an actual light, there is a like to my bike on here somepalce.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Greetings
From other people's opinions, OPT7 Fluxbeam X.2 is a good choice for 1300 headlamp. Just remove the back of the rubber boot to allow cooling.
I have one in, but have only used it in the garage for now. (Still too cold for night time riding). Also installed aux fender lights, so I'll safely find my way home. There's lots of info and ideas here !

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,933 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Glad you joined us. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt.:

Ride often and safe.

·
Administrator
13,409 Posts
I installed a LED headlight and honestly I love how bright it is but I am not impressed with how it lights up the road. Upon further investigation this is a common problem if you do not address the other components of the headlamp assembly. View attachment 91921
you can help this by installing a proper LED projector housing. LED bulbs do not react and reflect from the stock relfector bowl the same way as halogen and need their own projector to better throw light down the road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts