Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 v star 650 custom
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I finished riding 0.2 miles after my pegs were mounted, I left the key on. For over an hour. It is trying to turn the starter, but not enough to turn over.

Hopefully I can get it in for inspection tomorrow, but I am sure I need to jump it.

Any input on the easiest way to do it? Will be jumping with our car.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,156 Posts
Jump like would any car. Just don't have the car running. The car battery will have enough juice by itself.

·
Registered
137 Posts
With a light bike like the 650, I'd just start it the old fashioned way, that is push as fast as you can in 2nd gear, (with the clutch pulled in) jump on and pop the clutch. That is the easiest way I can think of. If you're out of shape, well never mind.
:p

Reactions: Boog and compjan

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
2002 v star 650 custom
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, push start when no other option. Otherwise, no. :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
With a light bike like the 650, I'd just start it the old fashioned way, that is push as fast as you can in 2nd gear, (with the clutch pulled in) jump on and pop the clutch. That is the easiest way I can think of. If you're out of shape, well never mind.
:p
If you have a slight decline from where it is currently parked you don't even need to push it.... I live on a hill so when I have needed to do this in the past it was fairly easy.

I also have a battery tender in my garage and a hour on that is enough to get the bike to kick over.

Reactions: compjan

·
Registered
2002 v star 650 custom
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No power cords outside of the building. Government housing.

·
Registered
2002 v star 650 custom
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. Just wanted to be cautious.

·
Registered
2002 v star 650 custom
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And if it doesn't work, you can still power your cell phone to call for help.

But seriously, yes I need one of those! I do not expect this to be a one time event.

😢

1 - 11 of 11 Posts