Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

What is the sportiest bike

979 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  SmittySmithsonite 
#1 ·
-that you would contemplate buying?

#3 ·
My CB 750F, 900F and 1100F. I owned all three at different times. Think the 900F was the best, great handling, power and reliability. Biggest issue I would have today on them would be seat height. I'm sure I've shrunk some and loss some body strength since my early 20s. It's interesting that Carla always compares all bike I've owned to the 900F.

Reactions: kje54 and faffi
#10 ·
I've been lusting over a green Kawasaki ZRX1200 since it first came out about 20 years ago. I'd settle for the 1100, but I'd always be wondering what I was missing without that extra 100cc's. There's no replacement for displacement after all.

I always loved the looks of my first motorcycle - an '84 KZ700. The ZRX reminds me of it, only with TONS more power, and a whole bunch of modern goodies like better suspension and brakes, plus sticky rubber. Damn, I want one!

I probably shouldn't if I want to keep my money in my wallet instead of donating it by force to the state ...

Handwriting Font Rectangle Material property Parallel

Font Handwriting Event Paper Writing

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Sky

Reactions: faffi
#12 ·
Never liked sport bikes, hard on my back and I like to plant both feet firmly on the ground when I stop. I always hated to have to lean on one foot when at a stop. It was one of the primary factors in my selection of my V Star 950.

#13 ·
I can't even ride them now, lol. I wonder how I did for so long. I had a '94 CBR600F2 for 8 years. I was only 20 when I bought it, so that's probably why. That bike was the most comfortable of the sport bikes, too. There were many more hard line sportbikes out at the time than that.

Last time I rode one was my buddy's '01 GSX-R 1000 that I had built the engine on for him. Thing had 160 HP and 80 ft. lbs. of torque at the wheel before the clutch went up in smoke during the dyno run. It had plenty more I'm sure! I think I rode it in 2002, and I was fumbling around like a rookie. Just couldn't do it. That, and the police followed me back to his house. 🤣

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.