Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Not sure what they are. I did Ivan’s recommendation of ECU flash, cobra slipon and Conbra powerflo intake. Worth every penny. According to him that seems to yield the best

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure what they are. I did Ivan’s recommendation of ECU flash, cobra slipon and Conbra powerflo intake. Worth every penny. According to him that seems to yield the best
Do you use any fuel management on top of that?

I can't imagine the Cobra HP 2-1 would have any less power. I'd love to see a dyno graph of just those two compared (cobra slip on VS the HP 2 in 1)

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
are there any baffles in there? it looks like straight pipes, unless the baffles were inserted in a seam that is hidden by the tape.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
are there any baffles in there? it looks like straight pipes, unless the baffles were inserted in a seam that is hidden by the tape.
I'm not very good with exhausts but when I pulled the exhaust off there are some metal notches and things to dampen the sound a bit, so I guess it has some baffles. I haven't looked under the wrap, just through the exhaust..

·
Registered
2008 Vstar1300
346 Posts
I have the cobra slashdowns and cobra open intake..Ivan's flash.. The power is amazing and I'm really happy with the outcome of the flash. I took the cobra FI2000r-O2 off as per Ivan and don't think he was wrong. Bike works amazing and fuel economy is now more based on my right hand..But I love the New power and way the engine runs !!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Do you use any fuel management on top of that?

I can't imagine the Cobra HP 2-1 would have any less power. I'd love to see a dyno graph of just those two compared (cobra slip on VS the HP 2 in 1)
X,

Sorry for this very delayed response. I must have missed it somehow.

I do not use any fuel management as Ivan was adamant that it was not needed with this particular flash. Seems the 1300s ECU can accommodate for fuel management if programmed properly. As for the pipes, according to Ivan and his dyno graphs, the slip-ons are better that new Cobra pipes for performance. I can't recommend the ECU flash, Powerflo intake and Slip-on enough.

·
Registered
360 Posts
What does an Ivan's Flash do that a Vance & Hines Fuelpak doesn't do if anything?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts