Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out working in the garage the other day and had the stereo cranked a little....had a few songs come on the station and one hit me pretty good. So my question would be...What song makes you stop what you are doing...crank it up and sing along? Mine was Turn the Page by Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
4,672 Posts
I tried singing once, and only once. I was trying to settle my first born one night by singing to him. He started crying, blood coming out of ears and starting throwing up. My wife was calling 911 as she thought some madman was being tortured. So obviously my singing is blood curdling and sickening. I do try to hum sometimes, sounds like cold blooded V-8 engine without a choke on a freezing morning with a stuck starter. The only way I can carry a tune is written in braille stuck in my pocket so I just think it and not say it out loud. Yes, it's that bad.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried singing once, and only once. I was trying to settle my first born one night by singing to him. He started crying, blood coming out of ears and starting throwing up. My wife was calling 911 as she thought some madman was being tortured. So obviously my singing is blood curdling and sickening. I do try to hum sometimes, sounds like cold blooded V-8 engine without a choke on a freezing morning with a stuck starter. The only way I can carry a tune is written in braille stuck in my pocket so I just think it and not say it out loud. Yes, it's that bad.
Ahhh you would be a superstar today if auto tune was around back then...A few years ago I was watching some music awards show and Taylor Swift and the Black Eyed Peas sang. I was checking out all the audio settings on my TV because I thought how could they be so bad...It had to be my equipment I was thinking. Then the Zac Brown Band came on..Those boys can sing!

The question is does your wife or son hold it against you to this day?

·
4,672 Posts
The question is does your wife or son hold it against you to this day?
Well let's just say the threat of extreme bodily harm to me if I try to sing is still in effect today. :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Riding my bike with bluetooth on in my helmet is when I do my best singin'. (nobody can hear me over the loud pipes)

I was working out in the yard one day and had my bluetooth wireless ear buds on and was singing away. My neighbor was outside working in his yard and came over and asked me what I did with the money.
I said what money. he said the money my mama gave me for singing lessons.

·
2,251 Posts
I can sing about as good as Les claims to, but I try to sing along with anything by Seger - I can't stop myself. Not many who can sing like he could anyway (he can't quite hit all the notes anymore). There are some videos of him doing a concert in San Diego in '77 when he was in his prime. Back when the artists had talent and didn't rely on voice synthesizers and computers.

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
Definition of off-key
1: varying in pitch from the proper tone of a melody
2: IRREGULAR, ANOMALOUS

when someone says you are singing OK, they are being polite and insulting you

·
4,672 Posts
I can hear NortherRider sing:

eh, eh, eh ehhh, eh eh.

Off key and at the top of his lungs.

Sorry, Paul, it was funny in my head.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Les were you the inspiration for Get by with a little help from my friends? The Joe Cocker version?
What would you do if I sang out of tune?
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your your ears and I'll sing you a song
I will try not to sing out of key.

With those lyrics you are really setting low expectations...not making any promises. Almost forewarning what is about to happen next is most likely not going to be good but it will be heartfelt. LOL

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I sound pretty good if the musics loud enough. For me it's any thing by Deep Purple especially Space Truckin and Highway Star.
Both good songs. Sometimes while in traffic Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd pops in my head for some reason...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts