Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
One of the best lines ever Hank Williams Jr - I'd love to spit some beach nut in that dude's eye and shoot him with my ol' 45 cause a country boy can survive.
Gotta love Hank

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hence your love for Meatloaf.
Speaking of Meatloaf, the first time I heard "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights" I was driving down the road and laughing like crazy. Funniest thing I'd ever heard.

And I swore I'd love you to the end of time.
So now -----
I'm praying for the end of time.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Songs of that era were stories being told with musical accompaniment. Songs of today...I use the term songs loosely...just not that great. What was funny to me was when my boys were growing up they thought that song had a real tie in with baseball! I guess I should Stop right there....

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I knew this thread was a great idea when you started it, and the hits keep coming. Put me in coach i'm ready to play.............today.
Well for me being in customer service some of the best times can be had while interfacing with a customer when you slip into the conversation lines from songs. You can almost see they check out of the conversation for a moment and have the look in their eyes...like they have heard that before and they are trying to remember where...then it hits them...sad little moments like that sometimes are all it takes for me to get through my day..

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
usually when strangers start speaking in lyrics and lines from a poem
its a drug deal going down....

....sad little moments like that sometimes are all it takes for me to get through my day..
uhm.... what?!

how many sad little moments do you need per day LOL!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
It does not take much to amuse me. I try to have a good laugh at least twice a day. But some times you have to hit me with your best shot to get me to laugh..Or I may just turn and walk away. If the day is a bad one I just head down to the local saloon and order one bourbon, one scotch and one beer!

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
And now for something completely different, Your choice of three songs you want to hear me sing on a ride in the delta.
Melanie Brand New Key
Three Dog Night Joy To The World
Alice Cooper Generation Landslide

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
♪ ♫ Oh I gotta brand knew Parrot roller Skate
you gotta band Nukie! ♫ ♪

Ive seen the photo of your backup lady singers - you are tolerable with them

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
And now for something completely different, Your choice of three songs you want to hear me sing on a ride in the delta.
Melanie Brand New Key
I am assuming you have a lower voice so i will think along that line
Long Black Train - Josh Turner
Letters from home John Michael Montgomery
Still in Saigon - Billy Joel

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Melanie Brand New Key
I am assuming you have a lower voice so i will think along that line
Long Black Train - Josh Turner
Letters from home John Michael Montgomery
Goodnight Saigon - Billy Joel

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
OK, got it now. I vote Joy to the World. You have to video it and post so we can determine if you can sing or not. We can start a poll. :). Here's the instrumental if you need it.
https://youtu.be/mXDFHObHGxY

41 - 60 of 68 Posts