Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Bonanza taco framed mini bike with a 5 hp tecumseh engine.
That thing was scary fast when I was a kid.
Only had a rear brake that was a piece of flat steel that pressed against the rear tire. When it got wet, it did not stop. When it did stop, it wore the tire down fast!
I still have a scar on my leg from that thing!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,972 Posts
I road a few clutchless mini bikes that I don't really count. First road bike was a hand me down from my father. He bought a new Suzuki GT750 (Water Buffalo) in 1971. In 1973 he had orders (Army) to Germany and was going to be gone for three years. I had the Suzuki for that three year span. The side car came off the day I got it. Had a blast on that bike. Picture is actually bike with nephews on it.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I road a few clutchless mini bikes that I don't really count. First road bike was a hand me down from my father. He bought a new Suzuki GT750 (Water Buffalo) in 1971. In 1973 he had orders (Army) to Germany and was going to be gone for three years. I had the Suzuki for that three year span. The side car came off the day I got it. Had a blast on that bike. Picture is actually bike with nephews on it.

View attachment 91647
I remember those bikes. 2 stroke.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,972 Posts
I had the 76 GT!
In it's day, one heck of a bike. I put expansion chambers on it. It had a very unique sound. It was really loud when you got on it, which was verrrryyy often back then.

·
Registered
647 Posts
My Z50 had gears but it was an automatic (3 up, 3 down). If we're talking gears and clutch, 1977 Honda XR75. Four of my buddies had them as well.

View attachment 91648
That was my arch enemies motorcycle down the street.
It was a 2 stroke vs 4 stroke war with that kid!

·
Registered
647 Posts
In it's day, one heck of a bike. I put expansion chambers on it. It had a very unique sound. It was really loud when you got on it, which was verrrryyy often back then.
Yep. A Pinger. You get the right chamber on it then when it hits the powerband, it lifts the front wheel off the ground for sure!

·
Registered
647 Posts
I had an Rd 350 too. Expansion Chambers, cafe bars, ported, shaved heads.
This was in mid 80s.
I would redline that bike continually on a daily basis.
I ran only racing gas and castor.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Had the same MT Deek. My Dad and hIs buddy bought a pair of them. Stripped the lights and gauges of and beat them. I took it over when I was big enough. Same with my brothers XL 250. That tank ran forever.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts