Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 2009 midnight road star, but went to yamaha site and they don't list a midnight in 2009. I have found 2007 they made a midnight.

What years was the midnight made?

Also is "raven" solid black? I heard it has a red flake in the paint.

Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine is an 07 carb and came from the Yamaha factory with a completely chrome front end, chrome controls, hard bags and police style windshield. Love it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just bought a 2007 Silverado Road Star that is a midnight star and the front end and all the controls are chrome and it has chrome guards around the hard bags. It was low mileage at 5510 miles on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes, sadly the Midnight, black and chrome model, is gone from the Yamaha RS lineup. I've owned 4 Road Stars since 1999 and by far the Midnight is the best looking one from the start. With my color matched bat-wing fairing, 19" front wheel and true-dual exhaust installed, even the most seasoned riders, at first glance, think my bike is the much more expensive Street Glide with an optional chrome front end. I have always been perplexed as to why Yamaha hasn't sold a lot more of these wonderful, big V-twin motorcycles. And I am equally surprised as to how affordable used ones are in the market. There is no rhyme or reason for it since it is everything the HD's are, at roughly 1/2 the price.
As an aside, I've also owned a Roadliner S, and although it looked very nice, it didn't have the solid feel or the comfortable highway cruising ride of the RoadStar. So, after 1 year and 11k miles on the Roadliner I went back to the RoadStar and have not regretted making the change back for a second.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts