Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search and couldn’t find anything related, so I apologize if this has been asked before. Also, I’m not sure how to post a survey, so we’ll have to do it the old fashioned way:nerd:

I was curious who on this forum has a new SV (with or without the Transcontinental pkg) or an Eluder, and what color you chose? Feel free to add some photos.

If you don’t have one yet but you’re interested or planning to get one, please respond too. The more the merrier.

I’ll get it started. As posted in my first thread on this forum, I’m interested in the SVTC in Raspberry metallic.

Travis

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I did a quick search and couldn’t find anything related, so I apologize if this has been asked before. Also, I’m not sure how to post a survey, so we’ll have to do it the old fashioned way/forums/images/StarbikeForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_glasses.png

I was curious who on this forum has a new SV (with or without the Transcontinental pkg) or an Eluder, and what color you chose? Feel free to add some photos.

If you don’t have one yet but you’re interested or planning to get one, please respond too. The more the merrier.

I’ll get it started. As posted in my first thread on this forum, I’m interested in the SVTC in Raspberry metallic.

Travis
Got a Raspberry SVTC with Custom upholstered seat, Kuryakyn insulated cup holder. Complete XK Glow Pro lighting kit.
Also ordered a WOLO Bad Boy air horn which will be here Wednesday and Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I did a quick search and couldn’t find anything related, so I apologize if this has been asked before. Also, I’m not sure how to post a survey, so we’ll have to do it the old fashioned way:nerd:

Travis

Jamaha I have the SVTC in Gray I have been told it is the fastest cause of the color of course. Plus I needed to stand out among the owners on the red.
https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=81482&d=1531965443

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got a Raspberry SVTC with Custom upholstered seat, Kuryakyn insulated cup holder. Complete XK Glow Pro lighting kit.
Also ordered a WOLO Bad Boy air horn which will be here Wednesday and Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs.

Wow, well done sir! Your first photo confirms my color choice, and that seat is amazing. Am I’m understanding correctly that you had the stock seat redone and it’s not a new pan? Cool lighting too, way to make it your own!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jamaha I have the SVTC in Gray I have been told it is the fastest cause of the color of course. Plus I needed to stand out among the owners on the red.
https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=81482&d=1531965443
Great photo, and the Dragon is on my bucket list. I’ve only seen the gray in the dealer showroom under poor lighting (non-Transcontinental pkg, they’ve had it for a while), but I could tell it would look good in the sun.

I think you and ChiefGunner need to race to settle this fastest color issue, and we’ll forgo the "pink slip" portion this time (cue The Beach Boys):grin:

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Great photo, and the Dragon is on my bucket list. I’ve only seen the gray in the dealer showroom under poor lighting (non-Transcontinental pkg, they’ve had it for a while), but I could tell it would look good in the sun.

I think you and ChiefGunner need to race to settle this fastest color issue, and we’ll forgo the "pink slip" portion this time (cue The Beach Boys)/forums/images/StarbikeForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_grin.png
Don’t go with the gray, it’s definitely SLOWER!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I did a quick search and couldn’t find anything related, so I apologize if this has been asked before. Also, I’m not sure how to post a survey, so we’ll have to do it the old fashioned way/forums/images/StarbikeForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_glasses.png

Travis

I’m sure you’ll stand out Rich. I’ll be able to see YOU just fine in my SIDE MIRRORS lagging behind me!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts

Wow, well done sir! Your first photo confirms my color choice, and that seat is amazing. Am I’m understanding correctly that you had the stock seat redone and it’s not a new pan? Cool lighting too, way to make it your own!
Yes, that’s correct. It’s stock seat pan and has 1” ballistic gel with foam top and the heater works just fine! Also I forgot to mention that I have the Yamaha Tall heated backrest.

Thanks for the compliment! I’m looking at having my dash wrapped in the black alligator & a couple other small accents which will tie the seat in better as a whole.

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Great picture.
Yes it is! I would’ve had my own pic but weather in my area prevented it. We’re gonna do it again TOGETHER.
A couple of SVTC’s tearing up the twisty’s!
That’ll be sweet for sure!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Our Freedom Time Machine...we get on this...and are both 25 again!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want, left mouse click each picture one time, and then once more on that picture, and will bring picture(s) up to full size, and resolution:

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Our Freedom Time Machine...we get on this...and are both 25 again!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want, left mouse click one time, and then once more, and will bring pictures up to full size, and resolution:

What’s this?!! Our SUBMARINER has breached the surface! Lol!
Man that’s a FAST looking color there Joe! 😉

·
Registered
809 Posts
What’s this?!! Our SUBMARINER has breached the surface! Lol!
Man that’s a FAST looking color there Joe! 😉
LOLOLOL....hey, I never said that I wouldn't climb up to periscope depth, LOL!

Especially if the area is target rich...LOL!

"Captain...a topic thread off our port bow..."

"Ready the reply-torpedo, Number One"

"Aye-Aye, Sir!" "Reply torpedo loaded into number one tube, and ready, Sir"

"Wait...wait for it...wait.....let it LOOSE!"

"Reply Torpedo away Sir, running hot and true, has acquisition, and time to the Whatcha Got post, 45 seconds".....

"Very good, Number One"....

"POST....and the reply has found its target!"....BaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaWoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom! :)

·
Registered
809 Posts
The wife and I are shortly heading out to the lake for the day. She's right now packing her 658 pounds, of Girl Stuff, over the three cargo areas, 'just in case she needs something...'. I say fine....that's one of the reasons I bought this bike....the cargo carry capacity. It makes her happy, that makes me happy, we are happy-happy.

Y'all have a great day....great weekend predicted for riding around the Great Lakes!

Captain Joe

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I will be buying the Raven Eluder this December. I retired last year but went back to work for the summer to afford buying one.

I never spent this amount on a bike before but after test riding one, nothing else will do!
Welcome to the “family” thereTWater! Never rode the Eluder, but I do own an SVTC. I have a hunch it’s every bit as fun!

·
Registered
691 Posts
I will be buying the Raven Eluder this December. I retired last year but went back to work for the summer to afford buying one.

I never spent this amount on a bike before but after test riding one, nothing else will do!
Baggers are interesting bikes but my wife says there better be a trunk so we go with the full touring set ups, wife has the final say as she is the one on the back of the bike.

Let us know how she runs, and break the engine in per the Yamaha owners manual and you should have many thousands of miles of riding pleasure out that Eluder. The more information that is shared on these motorcycles the better for everyone, if you run into an issue someone else may have already found a solution so ride, enjoy and share the experience.

·
Registered
809 Posts

Be careful...for they also could of named your intending ride, the Lay's Cruiser. Take one ride....and you'd better have enough time for the thousands of miles you will be putting on the next three months, post delivery day. Like Lay's Potato Chips....or miles ridden....on that baby...you can't just have a thousand or so...

How do I know? Don't ask...LOL!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts