Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...discontinuing great products?? this is more of a rant.
but i'm tired of seeing brands discontinue great products to make room for others just for the sake of change. i'm just going to assume that all the newer stuff is inferior for the sake of argument. just for me, personally, my jacket and gloves from River Road, Roland Sands, and Power Trip have all been discontinued since i've purchased them. they're all less than 10 years old. i don't need a new jacket, but we recently had a rat problem in our garage that chewed through my summer gloves and a pair of my winter gloves and the manufacturers don't sell them anymore. i don't want to guess on something new. i found what i like, it works, and i just want that! why do things have to change? why can't everything just stay the way it is forever?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I hear ya. Some brands roll out new stuff all the time. I run into it with my workboots. I replace them every 2 years or so and all i want is the same thing. My riding gloves needed replaced this year, they're probably 3-4 years old. Couldn't find them anywhere and couldn't even find similar that looked like they'd hold up. Bought a few different pairs and still don't have a comfortable replacement. May it seems to happen more with quality products because you have them for a good while before needing to buy new.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
20 years ago I went to a Rockport outlet mall store to get a pair of shoes. With the 2nd pair half price sale I got a pair of Rockport XCS boots too, more or less hiking boots, yard work, car repairs, snow weather....

After 20 years they wore out! They had stopped making them, could not find the 'same' pair anywhere. On line they still make a boot called XCS, did not look the same, but I gave them the benefit of their previous quality and $100 later through amazon... they are great, love them, very light, warm, excellent grip.

why do things have to change
change is the one constant in the universe. The only things that do not change are stone dead at a temperature of absolute zero. Living things change and grow, divide, reproduce, and die. If they were not constantly changing they would be dead.

Some things get better, some things get worse, but in the long run if you dont accept this basic fact of our existence it will only bring you unhappiness.

When Henry Ford designed the model T (about his 15th car design) he thought it was the perfect car, and there was no reason for Ford to ever build anything else. Seriously, read the history of Ford, he was enraged when his son started working on the design of the model A.

Be careful what you wish for.

·
Registered
346 Posts
i don't want to guess on something new. i found what i like, it works, and i just want that! why do things have to change? why can't everything just stay the way it is forever?
Do you ever yell at kids to "get off my lawn" from your rocking chair on the porch?

lol.

That is one grumpy old man rant right there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts