Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 626 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
They're calling for a humidex value of 35C today and 36C tomorrow, (95-97F) but where we live (Fogo Island, off Newfoundland's north coast) it usually climbs higher than predicted. Far too hot and sticky for me! And of course again today there's not even the slightest hint of a breeze.
:frown:
Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I hear ya, Glen. Took my windshield off today. A little breezy at 70mph but nice up to 50. Still warm with my leather jacket (ATGATT) but it does help.

·
Super Moderator
4,486 Posts
Here's a screen shot of today's temperatures. Yes, I road to work, one hour commute home

·
Registered
932 Posts
High of 92°F with 60% today. I would have ridden, but it is supposed to rain tonight about the time I leave work. YUCK! I don't feel like putting on the rain suit and sweating that much.
Wednesday - Friday is supposed to be mid-80s with 50% humidity. I will be riding!

·
Super Moderator
4,486 Posts
Just got home from work. Traffic not too bad, only 45 minutes to go 18 miles. Yes, I rode today, just like everyday. Central Texas has been several degrees hotter last couple of days. I wear modular helmet, mesh jacket, mesh gloves with a cool towel around neck. The only time I really get hot is sitting in line at light for two or three cycles surrounded by trucks and cars.

·
Super Moderator
4,486 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,013 Posts
After seeing your forecast, I’d love to give you a break my friend! However it’s the first break from the much higher temps and humidity we’ve had the past two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
359 Posts
They're calling for more hot/humid weather up here at the North Pole, (well, not quite the North Pole...) 29-30C (or 84-86F) for the next three days, so with our very high ocean humidity it will feel like 33-40C. (or 91-104F) Today was a much cooler 24C, but our humidity was at a whopping 94%, so it still felt like 34 degrees, (93F) so again no riding for us. Tomorrow I will try to get out there bright and early, before Fogo Island turns into a big oven again!

You know things are messed up when it's hotter here in Northern Newfoundland than it is in Tennessee!
:surprise:
Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

·
Registered
932 Posts
It was low 70s on the ride in this morning, w/ about 70% humidity. It was nice. BONUS! There were a lot less vehicles on the road. So my 47 minutes commute was actually 47 minutes.

My nice riding weather the last 2 weeks is ending tonight. 60+% chance of rain the next 8 days.

·
Registered
359 Posts
They're calling for temps of 32C (90F) here on Fogo Island tomorrow, with a humidex value of 37 degrees. (or 99F) Needless to say, we're STILL unable to get back on the bikes without actually melting!

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

a beautiful (hot!) evening at our shore directly in front of our home

·
Super Moderator
4,486 Posts
Camperbc, come on down for a couple of days, then you will enjoy your 90.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Camperbc, come on down for a couple of days, then you will enjoy your 90.
lesblank, too bad the humidity value is cut off in your screenshot, as it would be interesting to compare it to our own. We find that the humidity is a lot harder to deal with than the ambient temperature. So that 90 degrees of ours feels like 99 degrees... which really sucks when we're accustomed to cooler summers.

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

1 - 20 of 626 Posts