Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

621 - 640 of 665 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I don't even bother clearing it when there's only that much.

But I bet that thing would make short work of the snowbank the plow leaves at the end...hehe.

·
Registered
57 Posts
38 degrees, got in 33 miles. 7 of em in obstacle course! 😁

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Coldest day I've ridden this year.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
36F at 7PM last night

rode 2.5 miles to Sunoco station to put 3.5 gallons in VS650 with 5oz of Seafoam
and rode 2.5 miles back home to flow it thru the carbs, including some WFO bursts to flush it thru the main jets

there is still snow on the grass but the streets are dry and clear

the tank on Ursa is full, but I still need to ride it about 5 miles to flush the Seafoam thru the carbs and jets

I'm sure there will be more riding in upstate NY before winter sets in for keeps.

Will top off the tanks as needed from now on after each ride.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
KCW, That's a bummer, do you hibernate too?

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Ha.. That snow picture reminds me of when I was a kid we would go down to the local basketball court...shovel that baby off and have some good games of bas et ball. Or shoveling off the local pond so we could play hockey. Kids today will be sitting around later in life reminiscing about how they got to level 6 of Fortnight...what ever that is...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Redbird58,
Do you think the kids of today could find the basketball court?
A couple of Christmases ago, all the kids and "young adults" were playing video basketball and bragging about their shooting skills when one of the uncles came in and said, "you know, there's an actual rim, net, and backboard right out that door. Let's go check out those skills." Changed the whole tenor of the conversation and the afternoon.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
45F this morning

Ursa Rides Again!

Had the Royal Star tank filled and stabilized for a couple weeks, but did not have the chance to ride and flush the Seafoam thru the fuel pump and carbs.

Nice ride to work this morning, after 4 weeks of winter rain, ice and snow its like Autumn again in upstate New York. A few oak trees are still holding onto their leaves.

621 - 640 of 665 Posts