Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

641 - 660 of 674 Posts

·
2,251 Posts
I’m not talking,but she should know that fall biking weather automatically puts the honey do list on hold. It’s a well known fact.
Actually, biking always supercedes any chore. It’s just enforced more in non riding season.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
4,672 Posts

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
50F this morning, got to ride VS650 to work today

May be the last ride for a while, looking at what is hitting the midwest today and heading for NYS in the next few days!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sitting here on the couch looking at the beautiful sunny day wondering if I have enough time to get a short ride in today..Mid to upper 50's. The dooms day weather forecast for the rest of the week is rain and up to 50 mph winds tomorrow so it is today or nothing for awhile. So @KCW enjoy your ride today! Batten down the hatches for the rest of the week.

·
Super Moderator
6,100 Posts
60 degrees here today. Rain in the morning then clearing with a high in the mid 60’s. Thanksgiving day is sunny and 65 degrees. Daughter and grandkids will be here tomorrow afternoon through Sunday for Thanksgiving dinner and visits with family. The grandkids told me on the phone the other day how much they love to visit us on the farm. They don’t know about the two new puppies yet, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
575 Posts
Normally Pat I would not give a like for bad weather but in your case I know it has been a long long dry spell for you all out there in Cali. I hope it gives the plant life out there a chance to store some water and lessen the fire risks!

WooHoo! It's raining for the first time this season. View attachment 90232

·
Registered
575 Posts
Keith those grand-kids are gonna love all the puppy kisses...Enjoy!
60 degrees here today. Rain in the morning then clearing with a high in the mid 60’s. Thanksgiving day is sunny and 65 degrees. Daughter and grandkids will be here tomorrow afternoon through Sunday for Thanksgiving dinner and visits with family. The grandkids told me on the phone the other day how much they love to visit us on the farm. They don’t know about the two new puppies yet, lol.

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
Interesting how different Keith looks
without his uniform
and with puppies

I think its true, when you are on duty all people see is the uniform

·
Registered
44 Posts
Weather app says 47-50°F here in SE Pa. The wind is, well, there is a wind advisory. Too 'warm' to pass up a ride today, I'll see how it goes with the wind. I don't mind it, it's just really gusty today. (And it blew every leaf in my neighborhood into my front yard!!!!!)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Weather app says 47-50°F here in SE Pa. The wind is, well, there is a wind advisory. Too 'warm' to pass up a ride today, I'll see how it goes with the wind. I don't mind it, it's just really gusty today. (And it blew every leaf in my neighborhood into my front yard!!!!!)
So you and i are the only ones in the world that have to rake all the leaves. The wind here yesterday blew down my nativity in my front yard

·
Super Moderator
6,100 Posts
You’re right KCW, people tend to forget at times there’s a name behind the uniform, lol.
Grandkids adore the puppies and it was clear and 58 degrees yesterday so we hiked across the western pasture to the fence line and met the neighbors goats and sheep. Kids climbed a big oak tree and then we went inside to eat.
They always comment about how much they like being in the country.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So you and i are the only ones in the world that have to rake all the leaves. The wind here yesterday blew down my nativity in my front yard
The grass / leaf bag attachment will be in use. This weekend is our traditional "4 Corners Leaf-fest". I do my yard while my neighbors cut and 'funnel' the leaves into rows in their yards and I drive over and suck them up. We dump the bags under a strand of evergreens in the one neighbor's yard. We all wear our John Deere™ caps, drink some beers. A few times we have had a fire in the evening and sipped some scotch. Could happen tonight...

As for the nativity...I hope it wasn't damaged and is back in place.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
The grass / leaf bag attachment will be in use. This weekend is our traditional "4 Corners Leaf-fest". I do my yard while my neighbors cut and 'funnel' the leaves into rows in their yards and I drive over and suck them up. We dump the bags under a strand of evergreens in the one neighbor's yard. We all wear our John Deere™ caps, drink some beers. A few times we have had a fire in the evening and sipped some scotch. Could happen tonight...

As for the nativity...I hope it wasn't damaged and is back in place.
My leaves are no where near that fun. And as far as the nativity it will take a lot more than wind to take out baby Jesus!

·
2,251 Posts
Hovering around 0C (32F) right now, with freezing rain. That's even worse than snow because it turns the roads into skating rinks, loads down tree branches and power lines and causes power outages. All schools are closed and some businesses too. The only good thing is that I don't have to shovel it. Supposed to change to snow tonight but not much as far as accumulation. Let's hope they guessed right this time.

641 - 660 of 674 Posts