Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

661 - 665 of 665 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
We're supposed to go through a warming trend for the next couple of days. Right now it's -12C (10F) and tomorrow it's going up to +12 (55F) and lots of rain until Tuesday. Back into the deep freeze again on Wednesday.

This weather is the worst where I work as we haul chassis around (for tractor trailers). When chassis are parked the air is dispelled from air brake systems, and the brakes are applied. They get wet, then freeze and the shoes are frozen to the drums. Or they just get warm from use in cold weather and they still freeze. So we hook onto a chassis, then have go out with a hammer and beat on 6 sets of brakes until they let go before we can move it. When I move about 10 chassis per hour it makes the job a real PITA in winter.

·
Super Moderator
4,627 Posts
We're supposed to go through a warming trend for the next couple of days. Right now it's -12C (10F) and tomorrow it's going up to +12 (55F) and lots of rain until Tuesday. Back into the deep freeze again on Wednesday.

This weather is the worst where I work as we haul chassis around (for tractor trailers). When chassis are parked the air is dispelled from air brake systems, and the brakes are applied. They get wet, then freeze and the shoes are frozen to the drums. Or they just get warm from use in cold weather and they still freeze. So we hook onto a chassis, then have go out with a hammer and beat on 6 sets of brakes until they let go before we can move it. When I move about 10 chassis per hour it makes the job a real PITA in winter.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
The perfect rainy evening comfort meal. Grilled cheese and Campbells tomato soup. View attachment 90354
Absolutely! But you know what even better than that in Wisconsin. No it isn't the cheese it is pulling the snowblowers out pulling the cover off of the classic and taking it for a ride.Yes i said taking it for a ride. it was 40* and wonderful. We had enough rain in the last week to clean the salt. I had the perfect storm! YES!

661 - 665 of 665 Posts