Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 1063 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
those huge vtwin air cooled engines do not help with heat radiating between my legs in traffic!
you should try a 1900 v twin stuck on a bridge in 110 heat index, you wouldn't mind your temp after that

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
7,981 Posts
Looks like a wet week, anyone want a free bike wash, come on down.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
That is the way it was here yesterday. Pop up shower around 2pm. Hot as hell after dew point of 77* over 100 heat index. I was out smoking ribs for 6 hours yesterday. I thought this is what the guys down south deal with all of the time. I'll gladly deal with 3 months of snow. But the beer was ice cold!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Today is supposedly going to be hottest day of the week & the only one without a chance of rain.
On top of the higher temps lately. It has also been very humid. You know the type of humidity that when you step outside & taken breath. You feel like you swallow water into your lungs.

Ride smart! Ride often!

·
7,981 Posts
@Jspree , thought you were going to take the next storm. I do believe in sharing.

Reactions: Deeksvstarclassic

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Dang it...Those things enter through Texas then wreak havoc on the upper midwest....Grrrrr. We had one that came up through Texas a couple of years ago. When my sister was alive she lived just outside of Dallas... She got nothing....Me... I was without electricity for a week. I got no ocean views...I got no sandy beaches...what in the world am I doing dealing with the remnants of a hurricane for? Isn't winter snow and freezing rain enough punishment?? LOL. Okay Jspree take your shot! Poke Poke Poke..

·
7,981 Posts
Looks like Houston is going to miss most of the storm. We are still supposed to get a lot a rain. You northern guys should be ok this time. ;)

Reactions: Boog

·
7,981 Posts
The outer bands are starting to come on land. Going to be a wet week.

Reactions: matthewd92 and Boog

·
7,981 Posts
Not raining yet, but 46mph wind gusts. Flag is getting a work out. @Jspree , I'm just sharing a little of the rain with you, I'm a nice guy. ;)

Reactions: Jspree

·
7,981 Posts
Well this sucks. Took the cage to work today. See, I do have a little common sense. 😜🤪

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
96* here today. As hot as it has been for a month and a half today was the hottest day of the year.

Driving home from up north today i thought of Les when i was driving thru a town on the state highway. A guy on a Harley in front of me had to go thru 6" of rain on the highway. (we had a monsoon). He did and pulled away from me going 10 over.

1021 - 1040 of 1063 Posts