Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 1063 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
94 and humid here, went out for about 90 miles. ATGATT, with my new Viking cycle jacket.. Comfortable all the way.. Like these textile jackets! (Ok, I was a little warm at stop lights). Ride safe, ride often. Hydrate oftener!

Reactions: Boog and lesblank

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
We got out this morning and stopped at Wendy's for breakfast sandwiches, then took a short ride to Gulf Breeze, back to Pensacola, stopped at the store 5Below then came home. 10 minutes later it started pouring , that was at 11 am , it is 2:45 pm and it is still pouring. My yard is a lake. It has rained everyday since the 2nd of July. This sux.

·
Super Moderator
3,617 Posts
I've been on vacation since Monday. Every day the forecast has a chance of showers or thundershowers up until I go back to work next Thursday. I'm still sneaking in rides but I really don't want to get caught in a downpour somewhere so I haven't gone very far. It's not as bad as what you guys in the south are going through - more of an annoyance. But it still kinda sucks because up until now the weather has been amazing - sunny and hot almost daily. It's like the weather gods knew I was wanting to get a couple of good road trips in and said nope, not this summer.

·
Super Moderator
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,045
I went through the opposite on my last vacation we had three days of over 105 and my AC went out on Weds. Almost went in to work just for the AC.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I've been on vacation since Monday. Every day the forecast has a chance of showers or thundershowers up until I go back to work next Thursday. I'm still sneaking in rides but I really don't want to get caught in a downpour somewhere so I haven't gone very far. It's not as bad as what you guys in the south are going through - more of an annoyance. But it still kinda sucks because up until now the weather has been amazing - sunny and hot almost daily. It's like the weather gods knew I was wanting to get a couple of good road trips in and said nope, not this summer.
Next week I am off for 9 days of bass fishing and I don't care if it rains. Beats the hell out of the heat. Down to 88* here today

·
Registered
2001 Yamaha XVS650 Dragstar Classic and 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
409 Posts
We've had lots of rain in July, and chilly. Yesterday, it was 55F, and tonight 48F, but typical temp for July has been in the low 60s. June, OTOH, was much warmer than usual and also unusually dry.

·
Super Moderator
7,229 Posts
Forecast:
Hot and humid with temperatures in the upper 80’s, followed by rain starting this afternoon and all through the weekend that I have off.
Rain predicted for the next 5-6 days due to another storm coming up through the Atlantic.
We’re good though because we’re attending my Grandson’s birthday party, he’s turning 12!
Not so good for getting on the bikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
576 Posts
I saw something really strange today, it was up in the sky, it was this big super bright ball thing . Not sure what it was , but it was real bright and made everything hot. :rolleyes:
That was BOB. (Big orange ball)

·
Super Moderator
7,229 Posts
Good ole BOB, he made a brief appearance this morning, then he went and hid until about 730pm.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
7,993 Posts
Help me understand this. We are having a cold front and temp suppose to be 104 in a few hours. Something not right.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Its weather....We are not meant to understand it......stay hydrated....Meanwhile in Columbus, OH it is a beautiful 83 degrees...I am racking my brain to remember where I have seen the scavenger hunt target...coming up empty...but it will be nice riding around looking for it!

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
576 Posts
@lesblank, just imagine how hot it would be if there wasn't a cold front to cool things off...

Reactions: Keith Post

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
7,993 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Yamaha XVS650 Dragstar Classic and 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
409 Posts
Every day in July has been below 20C / 68F, often well below, and the month has been the coldest recorded since 1993. Worse, it has also turned out to be the wettest with between 250 and 340 % more rain than the average for the month around our district.

·
Super Moderator
7,229 Posts
We’re slightly opposite of you faffi, we’re 40% wetter and a lot hotter !

1041 - 1060 of 1063 Posts