Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

For a while now have had a noise when leaning left...Just went and came back from a 2000k ride with my wife...At about 400ks i noticed that bike was starting to pull to the right..I checked everything out but couldnt see any dramas...After 1000ks noticed front tyre was wearing on the right side of tyre..Kept checking tyre and noticed that the tyre was really starting to wear..The last 500ks really chopped the crap out of the tyre...It has now got no tread left on the right and it is scalloped...Further checking when i got home and found the rear wheel has got movement fro side to side and there is grease on the rear rim right side...As yet havent pulled rear wheel off but am fairly convinced wheel bearings will be the culprit...Will be trying to get fixed by dealer + Yamaha..If its like previous times i will probally spit it and tell them to jack it and do it myself....

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Hey what's your tire pressure in front? Mine did the same cause I was running the factory specs. Went to 42 and it stopped cupping.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

For a while now have had a noise when leaning left...Just went and came back from a 2000k ride with my wife...At about 400ks i noticed that bike was starting to pull to the right..I checked everything out but couldnt see any dramas...After 1000ks noticed front tyre was wearing on the right side of tyre..Kept checking tyre and noticed that the tyre was really starting to wear..The last 500ks really chopped the crap out of the tyre...It has now got no tread left on the right and it is scalloped...Further checking when i got home and found the rear wheel has got movement fro side to side and there is grease on the rear rim right side...As yet havent pulled rear wheel off but am fairly convinced wheel bearings will be the culprit...Will be trying to get fixed by dealer + Yamaha..If its like previous times i will probally spit it and tell them to jack it and do it myself....
Sorry to hear mate, I'm no mechanic but from what I understand sounds like what you said, no doubt you'll get some more opinions shortly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts