Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 RS Midnight. Stock wire wheels. The wires are starting to rust. Don't think they ever had chrome finish on them. Can anyone suggest a good place to get the spokes replaced in NJ or point me to a source for replacement wheels? What I find on the web are either super expensive or not really my style. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I have a 2002 RS Midnight. Stock wire wheels. The wires are starting to rust. Don't think they ever had chrome finish on them. Can anyone suggest a good place to get the spokes replaced in NJ or point me to a source for replacement wheels? What I find on the web are either super expensive or not really my style. Thanks!
You can order new spokes from Buchanan Spoke and Rim The chrome plated spokes run about $4.50 each and the nipples are about $1.50 ea. Multiply everything by 56 (I think) to get an approx. total price. I'm sure you can find a bike shop in the area to lace it for you.

http://www.buchananspokes.com/contact/contact_us.asp

I just painted mine....and it's held up great. Powder coating would obviously be a better option.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts