·
Registered
2008 vstar 1100 classic canadian edition
236 Posts
you should put a sport bike in that calculator, that's bent over with no lube

·
Registered
99 Posts
Here in Southern California our winter is harsh! You gotta put on a long sleeve shirt sometimes and it sprinkles once in awhile so since I'm a short sleeve kinda rider, I keep the bike parked in the garage on those chilly/wet winter days. It's the downside of living here....

;)

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Here in Southern California our winter is harsh! You gotta put on a long sleeve shirt sometimes and it sprinkles once in awhile so since I'm a short sleeve kinda rider, I keep the bike parked in the garage on those chilly/wet winter days. It's the downside of living here....

;)
Ouch that sounded like sarcasm...............

·
Registered
233 Posts
When it's above 32F and clear I go. Usually get at least 100miles a week. Watch for salt, leaves, cinders and reindeer. Think safe, ride safer!

Reactions: Boog and Lorax

·
Registered
2002 v star 650 custom
291 Posts
Colorado springs on a Yamaha XS650, never hibernated my bike. The roads would have 3 feet of HARD packed snow and I went to work/store/ect. All winter long.

Of course, if (at the time) a bike is your only running (and legal) transportation then it is year round riding. Like it or not!! 😁😛

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,314 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I usually change the oil and put mine away when it's time to dig out the snow tires, which is usually the first of October. Like someone said earlier, bike goes in the back and snow blower goes in the front. Bike and snow blower swap places again when the studded tires go back into storage, which is usually between the middle of April and the first of May.

At least that's the theory. Of the 15 month's that I've owned my Silverado, I've only been home for 3 of them. Only one ride in 2020.

Since my Custom lives in southern Arkansas, it's hibernation is more based on if I'm in town to ride it.

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,314 Posts
I winterized Brahma today. I took off the BeadRider on the seat (Yamato as well), Added some bigger lower wind deflectors and attached the HippoHands again. Yes they need a seamstress quite badly...

The OEM deflector is quite small.

You can see the difference in size here.

The tried and true HippoHands have been through seven winters so far, let's see how the eighth will treat them...

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Got her topped up and fuel stabilizer in. Just waiting for my son to return my socket so I can remove the battery and bring it inside. Then she gets tucked in the corner of the garage and covered until spring.

Tis a sad, sad day.
Don't hold your breath if it is a 10mm.
I almost did mine today but ran out of daylight. Garage is ready for a quick swap though

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,530 Posts
41 - 60 of 64 Posts