Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for something like a Royal Star Venture seat setup for my 2014 Stratoliner S. Looking on how to do the curved back setup and trunk.

Anybody know where to get it or how to do it (parts, etc.). I have searched and searched but have not found how anybody did it only the finished project.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Looking for something like a Royal Star Venture seat setup for my 2014 Stratoliner S. Looking on how to do the curved back setup and trunk.

Anybody know where to get it or how to do it (parts, etc.). I have searched and searched but have not found how anybody did it only the finished project.

Thanks!
You can get all your questions answered here:
Delphi Forums Login*-*Welcome! Please log in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can get all your questions answered here:
Delphi Forums Login*-*Welcome! Please log in.
Spent a couple of hours on there last night but nobody really said where to buy and what other parts to buy to make it fit.

I may PM some of those folks but their post are nearly 3 years old.

Had much better luck searching for "tour pack". I like the info the Delphi forum but it is set up strange to me. Not super intuitive.

I was looking for a "how to" but could not find it. Might have been that I was just burned out trying to find the info.

Sounds like a lot of them fabricated their own custom mounts which I can't do.

Thank you

·
Registered
251 Posts
Spent a couple of hours on there last night but nobody really said where to buy and what other parts to buy to make it fit.

I may PM some of those folks but their post are nearly 3 years old.

Had much better luck searching for "tour pack". I like the info the Delphi forum but it is set up strange to me. Not super intuitive.

I was looking for a "how to" but could not find it. Might have been that I was just burned out trying to find the info.

Sounds like a lot of them fabricated their own custom mounts which I can't do.w

Thank you
Sorry to hear that it's pretty dead over there. Haven't visited in a while, but a few years back it was very active. There were a few guys over there making the brackets to sell. It sounds much like the delphi Roadstar forum which use to be extremely active and is nothing like it use to be. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry to hear that it's pretty dead over there. Haven't visited in a while, but a few years back it was very active. There were a few guys over there making the brackets to sell. It sounds much like the delphi Roadstar forum which use to be extremely active and is nothing like it use to be. Good luck with your search.
Thanks, hopefully someone will chime it or I'll stumble across it.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yup, thats the one I put on my 1100. $57.25 shipped to my door. Its a nice add-on. Cheap? Yes, but a good value and it will hold some beer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup, thats the one I put on my 1100. $57.25 shipped to my door. Its a nice add-on. Cheap? Yes, but a good value and it will hold some beer.

@jbasile and others,

Which one of the trunks are you using - eBay or Amazon? Looks great to me. I know I have to remove the sissy bar. What else did you have to do or purchase (mounting bracket, specialized mounting hardware, etc.) to get it be able to handle a decent load (30-40 lbs). Anything else I would need to do?

Newbie at modding later model bikes with accessories like this (it's been 20 years and then it was just a pipe and a jet kit).

Plus, I don't have a large garage and all of the tools I used to have.

Appreciate everyone's input and feedback.

·
Registered
179 Posts
@jbasile and others,

Which one of the trunks are you using - eBay or Amazon? Looks great to me. I know I have to remove the sissy bar. What else did you have to do or purchase (mounting bracket, specialized mounting hardware, etc.) to get it be able to handle a decent load (30-40 lbs). Anything else I would need to do?

Newbie at modding later model bikes with accessories like this (it's been 20 years and then it was just a pipe and a jet kit).

Plus, I don't have a large garage and all of the tools I used to have.

Appreciate everyone's input and feedback.
Its the same one at both places. That China tour pack is sold by hundreds of different sellers all over the Net. Ebay,,Amazon...all of em. It comes with all the mounting hardware. You may have to do some minor "persuasion" but it will easily mount to any luggage rack out there. I've carried up to ~25 pounds with no reinforcement to the stock Yamaha luggage rack. That rack is rated at 10lbs but will hold me and I'm no lightweight. Yes, I lost the sissy bar when I attached the trunk. It really is a nice add on. Holds a lot of stuff and you'll get spoiled like I did having one on my Harley.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its the same one at both places. That China tour pack is sold by hundreds of different sellers all over the Net. Ebay,,Amazon...all of em. It comes with all the mounting hardware. You may have to do some minor "persuasion" but it will easily mount to any luggage rack out there. I've carried up to ~25 pounds with no reinforcement to the stock Yamaha luggage rack. That rack is rated at 10lbs but will hold me and I'm no lightweight. Yes, I lost the sissy bar when I attached the trunk. It really is a nice add on. Holds a lot of stuff and you'll get spoiled like I did having one on my Harley.
Thanks for the info. I think that is going to be my next purchase.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts