Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my license plate and registration for my V Star 650 Custom, and I realized that I have no idea where to store the registration. :confused:
I don't really want to buy some saddle bags just to store my paperwork in, and I don't want it to get folded up and smashed in my wallet.
Where do you guys store your paperwork?
This is my first bike, and I'm still learning, so I appreciate any help you guys might have! Thanks!
-Tim-

·
Registered
404 Posts
Before we got our current bike, I did just what you said you don't want to do - folded it up and kept it in my wallet. Kept it dry and always at hand that way :). I didn't have any bags or anything on that bike, and that was the only place I could think of to keep it. Worked for me for 23 years.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I used to keep mine in a small document holder that I stored behind the side cover where thr tool kit goes. That was on my 650 Classic, I'm guessing the Custom has the same cover?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used to keep mine in a small document holder that I stored behind the side cover where thr tool kit goes. That was on my 650 Classic, I'm guessing the Custom has the same cover?
I don't believe my bike has the same cover. I've got an '07 Custom. Where is that cover located on the bike?

·
Registered
572 Posts
That's where I've got my registration. Also keep my insurance card there, too. I wrapped them in a ziploc sandwich bag, and then a little tin foil. Tucked it all under the tool kit.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Since Yammies have locking seats i put mine in a ziplok baggie and taped to the underside of the seat.

Never have to worry about it being which pocket, misplaced, torn or crumpled papers etc.

If I get stopped, I'm gonna be standing anyways............:):)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Left side cover, under the seat. Directly opposite the battery. It should be the same on both the Classic and Custom.
Being as I am new to the V Star club, (and I don't want to ruin my seat on accident) can anyone tell/show me how to remove the seat without damaging it? It seems to be on there pretty snug. :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
The seats on the 650s are bolted on. Or at least it was on my 04 650 Classic. The cover is on the left (clutch) side and you open it with the ignition key. It's pretty spacious. I kept a ball cap and gloves in there, besides the tool kit and my papers.

Check your local laws, but in many states it is required that you carry proof of insurance. If you need that, it's just as easy to carry the registration along with it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The seats on the 650s are bolted on. Or at least it was on my 04 650 Classic. The cover is on the left (clutch) side and you open it with the ignition key. It's pretty spacious. I kept a ball cap and gloves in there, besides the tool kit and my papers.

Check your local laws, but in many states it is required that you carry proof of insurance. If you need that, it's just as easy to carry the registration along with it.
What he said. The space talked about is the glove box. You open it with your ignition key.

:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

:DWow, thank you! I seriously had no idea that little compartment was there! I guess I need to spend more time with my bike. I bought it used, and I wasn't able to get a user manual, so it's little things like that that come as a surprise to me. Thanks a bunch!:D

·
Registered
305 Posts
You're welcome! This is a great site with lots of info. One of my favorite sites, dedicated to just the 650, is www.650ccnd.com Lots of performance tips, how-to's and an online sevice manual. Check it out, you'll love it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Copy of Drivers License, Insurance and Registration!

I have 3 Vehicles ... A Van, Pick Up and an 1100 VStar Classic. I made copies of my Drivers License and my Wife's Drivers License; The 3 Insurance Cards and the 3 Registrations.

I then copied the Front and Back of both Drivers Licenses to a sheet of Printer Paper. Below the Drivers Licenses I copied the Insurance Cards. You can enlarge or reduce the Images as needed.

On the other side of the Printer Paper; I printed the 3 Registration Cards and Printed out 3 copies.

I then Laminated each of the 3 Sheets of Paper and Placed a Copy in each vehicle.

A few months later my Wife was stopped in a Roadside Check and when she produced the Documents all of the Police Officers gave her Praise on those Documents.

As for my VStar; I strapped a small nylon zippered bag next to my Windshield and place my Documents in there. And since the Documents are Lamenated; It will stay dry in the Rain!

Hope the Tip Helps!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts