Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this 99 650 V- Star and one of the first things I have to do is pull the carbs due to the throttle not closing on its own (broken spring). Got it back together, started up no problem, but misfires and hesitates above 35 MPH, and it didn't do this before I took it apart. I noticed that there is a rubber hose with a clamp coming from the air box, but unsure where it goes to. I also noticed that there is another connection hidden behind the air box once removed, but didn't notice anything that it would connect to. Didn't think that the hose in question connected to it since it seemed to be too long. Hopefully you see the picture attached and can help me figure out where this gets connected to, and hopefully this cures my misfiring issues.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you had the airbox and intake off i know it's very easy to get almost all of it on the top of the carbs and almost all of the elbow back onto the side of the airbox. That would create a decent sized air leak which it may idle but under good throttle would be sucking in may air than the carbs can handle with current jets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts