Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just registered on the site yesterday. I am purchasing a barely used 2006 Royal Star Tour Deluxe this week. I live in a suburb of Austin (Pflugerville).

Davo

·
Administrator
13,713 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting once you get it

i pfrequent the pflug pfrequently. just a few minutes from where i live.
welcome Davo. i'm Bevo

Hello Bevo, I saw that you are in Austin. Maybe we can take a ride sometime. I don't want to vote or submit mine until the deal is complete which could be Thursday. I'll definitely provide some pictures when the deal is done and the keys are in my hand. I'm liking the site, and I will probably upgrade my membership when the finances have settled down.

Davo

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome, Davo! There are a couple of us in the Austin area. Have you been riding long?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Riding experience

Welcome, Davo! There are a couple of us in the Austin area. Have you been riding long?
Hello Dulcenea, I've been a licensed motorcyclist since I was 18 (33 years ago) and I first started riding mini bikes when I was 9 or 10. I sold a 2005 ST1300 three years ago and I have been without a bike since then (oh the pain). I'm really glad it looks like I will be back on two wheels very soon, perhaps before the end of the week.

What bike do you ride and how long have you been riding?

Davo

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been a passenger on and off for the last 20 years and got my license about 12 years ago, but only just got my own bike (V Star 650 Classic) and started riding much on my own in the last month. It's a totally different ball game being the one in control. It's a blast!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been a passenger on and off for the last 20 years and got my license about 12 years ago, but only just got my own bike (V Star 650 Classic) and started riding much on my own in the last month. It's a totally different ball game being the one in control. It's a blast!
That's really great Dulcenea and many congratulations! You finally get all the benefits of riding when you're no longer in the passenger seat. You must really enjoy tooling around the Piney Woods.

Davo

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.

I assume the "P" is silent,,, I hope so cuz if its not there is no way to say it without spittle.

Hi Davo, I'm Strato.........Wart

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome to the fun house :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Howdy

Hello StratoWart and SparkyD,
Thanks for the 'welcome'. You are correct, the "P" is silent yet people still produce a bit 'o spittle when they say it. Thus the Annual Pflugerville SpittlePfest :D

Davo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts