Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New rider and I bought a 2006 V Star 1100, supposedly a Silverado. However, I think it's a Classic that's just been upgraded to "kinda" match a Silverado. The seat, bag, and sissy bar don't have studs and don't really look factory. The seat looks like the Classic factory seat.

I tried using several VIN decoders, but couldn't find anything definitive. How can I tell if I have a Silverado or a dressed Classic?
TIA,
RT

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Looks to me like a classic. Im no expert tho. Are the bags a throw over set?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I thought, thanks for the verification. I got a good price, but the dealer should have known better, imo. I had a veteran biker ride it home for me and it ran out of gas 10 miles down the road. The reviews will not be favorable.
Thanks,
RT

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, I don't have a local dealer so I had to go about 50 miles. When I got back the front tire had 17lbs of pressure. It was used, sure, but they should have at least checked it over.
RT

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
does the vin say AWR or ATR?

·
Registered
82 Posts
It's a Classic. My bike on the left is a 2003 1100 classic and my friends on the right is a Custom. The custom has a lot more chrome like eyebrow's on lights and chrome on tips of fenders.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
It's a Classic. My bike on the left is a 2003 1100 classic and my friends on the right is a Custom. The custom has a lot more chrome like eyebrow's on lights and chrome on tips of fenders.

I think you meant to say Silverado instead of Custom.....the Custom has small plastic fenders, no windshield or bags.

Also the chrome fender tips are aftermarket Star items, they didn't come from the factory that way on any 1100 model....

·
Registered
82 Posts
"I think you meant to say Silverado instead of Custom.....the Custom has small plastic fenders, no windshield or bags."

I meant what I said but It was wrong!!!

I blew up the pic on the bike on the right and on the front fender it says "Classic". So both bikes in my pic are "Classic". So is the bike on the right a Silverado? Or just the same bike as the left with more chrome added like the eyebrows and fender tips and whitewalls?

What makes a Classic-Silverado?

Thanks for the correction!!!

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Trim that's about it. My Silverado from dealer came with Studded OEM saddle bags, Studded rider/pas/sissy bar, chrome windshield hard wear, and a lot more chrome on the windshield.
Silverado=Studded .

·
Registered
82 Posts
So it sounds like my friends bike on right is a Classic just "pimped out" no different than mine?

·
Registered
82 Posts
So the Silverado is more studly than the Custom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the "Custom" has the bobbed tail and would be the less expensive of the three models. Then there is the Classic with the full fenders. Then the Classic/Silverado that has the windshield and studded accessories.

Corrections?

Still learning a lot here!!!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
The Silverado was just a Classic with a studs on the seats....with added bags (with studs) and a windshield.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts