Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the forum and have not bought a bike yet. Trying to decide between a 2008 V-Star 1100 Silverado and a 2008 Road Star Silverado. Both Bikes are showroom new and deeply discounted. I haven't rode in a few years but know my way around bikes. I am planning on using it ocaisionally to commute to work (23 miles) and weekend cruising with the wife 2up. I am 52 yrs. Young and am 6' 2" and 230 lbs. Any suggestions on which bike?

·
Administrator
13,709 Posts
howdy. be sure to vote for bike of the month.

big difference in engine size. i think you should ask yourself how much power do you want. you can't go wrong with a bigger bike when you're doing 2up and weekend rides. the 1100 will do the job, the Road Star will do the job better.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I don't no which bike is right for you But for me I would get the Road Star. I have never been two up on my 1100 but I ride with two that do. They wish that they didn't. Of coarse one couple maybe 6 bills:eek: or more and they make it there the same time as the rest of us. Yes I would have to get me a Road Star.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Hi, I am new to the forum and have not bought a bike yet. Trying to decide between a 2008 V-Star 1100 Silverado and a 2008 Road Star Silverado. Both Bikes are showroom new and deeply discounted. I haven't rode in a few years but know my way around bikes. I am planning on using it ocaisionally to commute to work (23 miles) and weekend cruising with the wife 2up. I am 52 yrs. Young and am 6' 2" and 230 lbs. Any suggestions on which bike?
Stratoliner S. Definitely. :)

Welcome!:)

·
Registered
821 Posts
If you ask me or bevo, you'll find that the 950 V Star is the way to go. It's also the bike of the month!:D

·
Administrator
13,709 Posts
i don't have a preference either way, and the difference in power and money is pretty big, but i would have to think that if you did spend more and get the Road Star that you would not be disappointed in your decision and wishing you had gotten the smaller bike. if this were only going to be your daily rider and you're hesitant to spend the extra money, i would say definitely get the 1100. bottom line, the Road Star will be better for 2up and weekend riding.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Which one

The Roadstar is roughly a hundred pounds heaver. I don't think you will notice the differance. I had an 1100 liked it nice bike. Took some long trips on it.

I have ridden a Roadstar. Liked it also. You will not be sorry with either bike. I would lean toward the larger bike.

Both bikes have been out for a long time, are reliable, and have lots of accessories available.

You may have noticed from the posts most people are happy with what they have. You will be too.

Dave

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
yes, linerdave makes logic. I bought an 1100 new in 06 and love the ol girl, but lookin back(if I had the money) Should have went as big as I could go, as the other guys have said, be happy and enjoy whatever you land on:D Have fun, that's what it is all about:)
(the 1100 carries me and wifey just fine, power ect, for us)

·
Registered
50 Posts
well i haven't even rode my new bike yet which is a 07 roadliner but i had bought a vstar 1100 first and before i even paid for it i changed my mind and bought the roadliner mainly because i was worried that the 1100 wasn't enough bike for me and after some sleepless nights i went with the bigger one, 1 reason is it would cost me more in the long run if the 1100 was not enough and i had to trade up in a year or two

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since I live in Wyoming, about 70 miles east of Yellowstone Park and about 50 west of the Big Horn Mountains and most weekend trips will be up and over these mountain Ranges I believe I will go with the larger Road Star. More power to get up and over the mountain passes. Thanks for all your thoughths and advice and I am sure I will be back here with lots of questions.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm 52 too. Last month I bought a used roadliner. It's my first bike and I love it. I think you should get strat or roadliner. If you think it's too much bike, that's cool because you will quickly grow into it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts