Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
Just curious as to which tuner/module folks are using. Previous owner of my 08 Roady installed the Cobra Fi2000 unit. I have the D&D slip on and still get a few back fires when letting off the throttle. Considering going with the Freedom True Duals and wondering if I should pop for the Power Commander V or see if the Cobra Fi2000 will be good enough. Any and all feedback/comments welcome.

·
Super Moderator
6,293 Posts
Hey arsey, I'm using the cobra fi2ooor on my 09' 950t. My experience has been that if you only upgrade the exhaust with a tuner, and not the air intake system, you'll get some backfiring. The modified exhaust, air intake system, and tuner all have to work together for maximum results. Again, that's just been my experience.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have a Cobra speedster slashdown exhaust plus their air intake and added a Cobra fi2000 fuel processor but i still get popping and some backfiring every so often.

So here's my issue and concern with this Ivan's performance product. Will he fix the popping/backfiring even though I have all three items listed?

I've looked at his service to fix my ECU on my V Star 1300 and it's not a cheap fix. If any member can confirm he actually fixed their ECU issues I would like to hear it before I send mine out

·
Banned
292 Posts
The red Raider pictured on his site in the Raider section is mine. H3 used it to develop the flash for the Raider. He tben bought his own. He owns a Stratoliner. If you go to the FZ1OA site or Road Star Raider site, you will see plenty of positve feedback.

To your questions, the answer is yes. Even a stock bike has fuel cut and will backfire. Many are having their ECUs flashed even if they have no mods.

Here's a pretty good Stratoliner thread http://www.stratolinerdeluxe.com/technical-discussion/a-review-of-ivan's-ecu-flash/

·
Registered
600 Posts
I will also chime in on Ivan's ECU flash. It works!!! I added the Freedom Duals and was getting
pops when up shifting and on deceleration. I added the Cobra Power Pro auto tuner and while it
made the bike run well it did nothing to get rid of the popping. Cobra tuner only
makes fuel corrections while on the throttle, but does nothing when you close the throttle. Ivan's
flash got rid of the popping and I removed and sold the Cobra tuner.

·
Super Moderator
6,293 Posts
Just out of curiosity tigrzeye, what's the cost of the ECU flash if you don't mind me asking? I was unable to find it earlier.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Just out of curiosity tigrzeye, what's the cost of the ECU flash if you don't mind me asking? I was unable to find it earlier.
It is 375 on his site. Mine didn't need to be split open to flash it and since there was no shipping involved I got a small discount. Don't remember exact cost.

·
Super Moderator
6,293 Posts
Ok cool, thanks man for replying. That's not as high as I thought it might be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm using the Cobra Power Pro works great for me decel popping gone between gear popping gone and runs smoother better fuel mileage even, stock air box for now, Rush Performance slip on with 2" baffle.

·
Registered
138 Posts
While I was in the USA a last year called into see Ivan and got him to reflash mine...Great bloke who didn't mind telling what he was gonna do...End result was cause he hadn't done an Aussie one before he had to work out how to remap mine...Cost was somewhere around 380 USD from memory...Best mod I have ever done to my roadliner in my opinion....better acceleration and the bloody popping is gone....Worth it just to remove the popping....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts