Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was all set to order the Cobra pipes pictured below, but I stumbled upon a photo of Hard Krome's new pipes. Which would you choose?

Hard Krome

Cobra

·
Registered
10 Posts
Depends on the price difference. but those hard krome pipes are clean. I personally like the way hard krome finishes the tips of the pipes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Cobra pipes!!

I would go for the Cobra's; I like their tips better! Besides that, the Cobra pipes leave a bit more spare for cleaning the engine!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Pipes

I think the Hard Krome looks better
You might be right, Lindsay! While googling I came across a 1100-owners site where they rate aftermarket exhausts. Looking at the several listings I would suggest that Hard Krome's overall perform better than Cobra's. But then, these are all 'personal' ratings! But interesting to compare different pipes in the lists. You might wanna look at www.vstar.ca !

Ride Safe ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am from the VTX world where there are a lot of complaints about the fit and factory finish of DG Hardkrome products. Headpipe fits, cracking and peeling finish, frustrating reponses from the manufacturer...

Cobra on the other hand doesn't seem to have such problems and their quality is next to none. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The HKs don't have a cross over so you'll actually lose a little power. I'd go w/ the cobras since they have the power port and gain a little bit of power.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the Cobra's. They are Quality, but then you would expect nothing less. The sound is good, and the lines and aesthetics follow the Raider scheme the best. And most bags will fit with them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have HK on my liner, love em, definitely a higher quality pipe than the cobras I had on my vstar. Pretty sure hard Krome guarentees that the finish will last and I didnt lose any power without a crossover. My old cobras turned golden and they wouldn't do anything about it.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pipes on the raider

I have the COBRA swepts on two of my Raiders, and Dragsters on the third. The Swepts are throatier. But if you pack the dragster pipes stock silencers with fiberglass, the sound is great, and the top end of these pipes seem to scream!! Trick!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cobra pipes

Hello.

I have the Cobra Swept pipes they are nice and are not to loud and not real low and when you hit the throttle she comes alive, and like was said on a post they really follow the curves of the raider.

Fastbandit

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just bought a Raider S, new, and am putting on a set of Cobra Dragsters. I've only heard them on youtube, but there was something about them that really grabbed me. I'm usually a bit more interested in the artistic qualities as much as performance, so a bit older school straight pipes seems odd for me...but they just look awesome on the Raider. I hope they do sound good, not tinny. The stock exhaust, while too quiet, had a nice subwoofer rumble while riding.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I did! Excellent pipe. The best one, other than the Dragsters, and it makes the best overall power, from what I can see. I love the idea of 2 into 1 systems that work. But, the Dragsters just really did it for me, and on the bike, in person, they look amazing. It's also very easy to change the transfer case oil with those pipes on. And the sound...wow...very impressed. I love these pipes...

Look at the V&H 2 into 1.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts