Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 vstar 1100 classic that I want to put white wall tires on. The guys at the dealership couldnt find any whitewalls for the bike even though I have seen them on the same bike. Does anyone know what brand makes a white wall that would fit that bike?...thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 03 vstar 1100 classic that I want to put white wall tires on. The guys at the dealership couldnt find any whitewalls for the bike even though I have seen them on the same bike. Does anyone know what brand makes a white wall that would fit that bike?...thanks
I got mine through bikebandit.com. they're Metzeler ME 880 replacements $2 more than stock blackwalls. $152 for the rear, $125 for the front.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
The first time I bought tires for my VS650 I searched the internet for a couple days (on and off) to find the best prices and free shipping. Got those at BikeBandit

the 2nd time I just went to BikeBandit.

You may have to search on sizes or manufacturer. If you just look at tires they think are 'for' your bike, they may have what you want but the search wont find it. For example, I wanted the original OEM Bridgestone tires. The search for my bike would show the rear tire but not the front, but they do sell the OEM front tire.

In fairness, knowing every tire that will fit every motorcycle ever made is a bit overwhelming.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just purchased my Shinko WW tires from revzilla last night. Not sure what size yours takes but you can put in your make/model and it will show you what fits etc, and they make a ton of different sizes. I know from running Shinkos on my sportbikes in the past that they are a good value tire, they wont be top tier best tire out there but they definitely arent junk.

I shopped them all over the place before I purchased. Revzilla was def the cheapest.

175 shipped for both.100/90/19 and a 170/80/15.

·
Super Moderator
3,239 Posts
Just ordered a set of tires from FortNine in Montreal. I have whitewalls now but I couldn't justify another $50 per tire. Besides, they're hard to keep clean. Went with blackwalls and I know she'll still look great in them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts