• Retired

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought about how crazy all this has become and wishing all of the workers well. As I’ve not worked in a few years I still can’t get adjusted to that I would love to be at a job but can’t. So all of you that are working be careful and be safe out there.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
this should be a poll

At work
working from home
out of work with pay
laid off

In response to Redbird's post below, times like these reveal your true nature

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
As of right now with the state of wisconsin closing business, quad graphics doesn't have to close. So i am still working. As far as having enough work we will see if that will keep. For now i am ok and thinking of everyone else hoping they are ok. We are Americans we will get thru this together! God bless the truckers that are keeping the country together.

·
2,729 Posts
I was getting laid off but not everyone at work was (just the 3 of us at the bottom of the seniority list). They are expecting a slow down but right now we're busier than we were at this time last year so it was obviously a knee jerk reaction by the brass. Yesterday was supposed be my final day but a more senior employee got himself canned so I got called back. Hopefully it lasts. The railroad is an essential service so we won't shut down, but if it does slow down I may be laid off again down the road.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ve done my share of them through the years mostly the older ones.

I was getting laid off but not everyone at work was (just the 3 of us at the bottom of the seniority list). They are expecting a slow down but right now we're busier than we were at this time last year so it was obviously a knee jerk reaction by the brass. Yesterday was supposed be my final day but a more senior employee got himself canned so I got called back. Hopefully it lasts. The railroad is an essential service so we won't shut down, but if it does slow down I may be laid off again down the road.
Glad you are still working be safe out there.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,891 Posts
Added poll, which you can change your response if your status changes.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I am glad that I have retired , I would worry to death.
Before I got hurt I was a Professional FireFighter, I worked holidays, government shut downs and hurricanes. SO I have a lot of respect and am very happy for anyone still able to work.
I feel sorry for anyone who wants to work and can't. I actually feel blessed that I don't have to and know I will have a check to pay bills.

you need to add retired to show how many on here are retired

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,891 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
I am very blessed that my family is still gainfully employed. My wife is a aide in the high schools working with disabled kids as a job coach. She takes them out in the community and teaches them skills that will allow them to be part of the workforce upon high school graduation. My oldest son and his wife are both working from home. My other son is a 4th grade teacher and he is off until this situation gets under control. My other daughter in law is a labor delivery nurse and I have just learned that she will NOT be re purposed as a nurse in other departments due to her being a labor nurse. The hospital where she works does not want them to bring the virus to the maternity ward. I am still gainfully employed and have been designated as essential. I hope that all have minimal impact from this situation. My hope is it will pass soon and everybody can get back to their lives! Please continue to pray for those affected and also for those who's jobs are deemed essential as they can be in very precarious situations. Try to be a better person and if things start to get dark and gloomy reach out to a friend. Or do a random act of kindness. It is amazing how good it makes you feel to bring joy to someone less fortunate!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Retired last May (Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer) after 35 years and 2 weeks at the same large company.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Still working, 2 of us in the shop. The other fella is out for cancer treatment so I am super busy. We supply some companies that are essential services so we are considered essential. I have one brother in the Air Force so he is still working, the other 2 are laid off.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Working. Veterinarians on the essential list. Gotta make sure the critters don't hurt. Grateful, and waiting to be exposed. Prayers for you all. May the virus ignore you!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts