Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Retired

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Thanks lesblank I have no idea how to make a polling window.

when you start a new thread there is an icon or pulldown somewhere that lets you make the thread a poll.

only you can do it, or a moderator - and Im not sure the original poster can make it a poll after its been started (retroactively)

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,891 Posts
With more and more stricter stay at home orders, has anyone's employment status changed? Hopefully not. Be safe everyone.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,891 Posts
Deeks, that's a bummer. Hopefully it will be short reduction in hours.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am very fortunate to still be fully employed. I'm requested to work at home 2-3 days a week and go the office the other days. I'm a computer programmer but do a lot of help desk issues to justify my hours though. My company is allowing a lot of staff to work remotely and fortunately realized it takes more staff to support remote workers than when they are in the office.
My wife has had a job for a couple of years that allows her to work from home, so nothing has changed for her.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So far, but the trains are getting smaller so fingers crossed.
So they don’t need trains for this crazy time that don’t make sense to me as all the trucks are up and running. I’m still hearing trains move by me not sure if they’ve down sized the loads or not as I’ve not seen one but can hear them.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
So I retired a couple of years ago but started a handyman business about 6 months ago so I has something to do, maybe even make a few dollars. My house was in pretty good shape and didn't much much more tweaking. Well, I ran into a property manager and she is keeping me real busy with lots of rental properties in the area. That's the primary reason I haven't been very active on this forum lately. I learned real estate and keeping rental properties working and safe is an essential business so I'm still going out there taking care of stuff. I've been going on occasional rides but looking forward to more coming up when this virus stuff flattens out and we get towards normal again. So far, I've not been questioned but I still have my hospital badge with me to BS my way if needed along with taking advantage of things like Krispy Kreme handing out dozens of donuts to healthcare workers; at least here in Cal.

Prayers and best wishes for those of you that are losing income because of this crap. It's weird times but we will persevere as we are a great country with a lot of good people to help each other out.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Did you guys hear about the A-----Hole in Texas that is going to deduct the pay checks of the people still working for the amount of the stimulus check they are sending out ...
It better be a real good job or I would tell him to shove it .

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
That sounds highly illegal to me. That might be fake news. Those Russians like to spread stupid fake news to get everyone upset and discontent. If it's true, he will be in trouble one way or another.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Did you guys hear about the A-----Hole in Texas that is going to deduct the pay checks of the people still working for the amount of the stimulus check they are sending out ...
It better be a real good job or I would tell him to shove it .
That is nuts and if true the state of Texas needs to remove him from office.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Here is a thought for any interested in giving your representative a text it’s called resist.gov there you can send texts to your representative. If nothing else it might make you feel like you did something about it.

·
2,729 Posts
So they don’t need trains for this crazy time that don’t make sense to me as all the trucks are up and running. I’m still hearing trains move by me not sure if they’ve down sized the loads or not as I’ve not seen one but can hear them.
The trains won't stop even if they stop international and interprovincial road travel for trucks. A lot of the cargo we handle is too heavy to run down the roads, plus it's a lot cheaper to ship by rail than pay a truck driver to move it (if the logistics work). But with some manufacturers and shippers shutting down or reducing their workloads some of our freight will be reduced. Hopefully things like groceries, medical supplies, and toilet paper (there's a big plant in my city) will keep things near the normal amounts but right now everything is up in the air.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts