Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I like to just ride and I would like company..(Being a Lone Wolf can get a bit dangerous) Who here lives in North Carolina. I live outside Hickory (Granite Falls)

Toymaker

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
I have family in NC and Im planning on riding Ursa down and back next summer.

Curious about what aspects you think can be dangerous about riding alone. I went to the Smoky Mountains park back in the 1970s when I was 18, and caught some grief along the way, partly because of my NY license plates, and partly because I had long hair for "the south". That experience still sticks in my mind, and I do have some apprehension about riding that way on a non-Harley bike with NY license plates.

Even considering getting veteran's plate for my Royal Star, just for this reason - might buy me a pass with some people.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ride alone most all of the time....and have had my share of the crazies...people on phones, daydreaming etc....always better with an extra set of eyes...

T

·
Registered
5,436 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm just south of Raleigh. I do travel west every couple of months to visit family in Spruce Pine though.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ghostrider...I work in Vale at West Lincoln Middle School...we should get together and ride.

·
Registered
9 Posts
sounds good, i got mine up till it warms up some more, when i do get out to do ridin i usually put 150 to 200 miles with freinds you can join anytime, beats riding alone.my kids went to west lincoln middle

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah...tis a little chilly right now.....God willing the temps will start to rise in a month or so.

T

·
Registered
17 Posts
Winston-Salem here, Been too rainy this week to ride much.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts