Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So iv been looking at upgrading my speakers from 5.25 inch to 6.50 inch but want to add an amp for better sound quality. Who has done it and how and where did yall mount it.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
What kind of head unit do you have? I'm pretty satisfied with the built-in amp in my JVC with Polk Audio 6x9s... But, I HAVE been thinking about upgrading also one day, I'll be following this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
I run a cheap pyle 400w marine amp... and i monted it to the radio housing mount

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a sony 25 w x 4 head unit so not much power as for the pyle amps been eye balling them on amazon

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I run a cheap pyle 400w marine amp... and i monted it to the radio housing mount

Is it this amp and if so where did you mount it. Any pics of it? And did you have to use the volume control.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I dont have any pics but i got some big heavy duty zipties and set the amp (it is rather small) on top of the radio and zip tied the two together... a custom mount was doing too much (for me)... but ive seen people run the amp in there "tool box" space... (opposite the battery box) im pushing 6 speakers... 4x5.25 and 2 6x9... amp only runs 6x9s...

Give it a listen

https://youtu.be/9OB7qIJ0y8E

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn that sounds good ill have to order that amp it's only 30 or 40 bucks

·
Registered
139 Posts
Is it this amp and if so where did you mount it. Any pics of it? And did you have to use the volume control.

And no i did not have to use the volume control.... there are volume inobs on there... the volume control, i think, is for when your running an mp3 player directly to the amp... the pre amps in your radio handle the volume

·
Registered
139 Posts
Its a sony 25 w x 4 head unit so not much power as for the pyle amps been eye balling them on amazon

Also maybe look into getting a 45x4 or higher radio if your g9nna add more speakers.... just a thought...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I dont have any pics but i got some big heavy duty zipties and set the amp (it is rather small) on top of the radio and zip tied the two together... a custom mount was doing too much (for me)... but ive seen people run the amp in there "tool box" space... (opposite the battery box) im pushing 6 speakers... 4x5.25 and 2 6x9... amp only runs 6x9s...

Give it a listen

https://youtu.be/9OB7qIJ0y8E

Nice ride Brokeass, I'm turning my 1300 into a bagger, waiting on fairing to be delivered now. Think I'm going to go with 5 way Pioneers and a Boss amp

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nice ride Brokeass, I'm turning my 1300 into a bagger, waiting on fairing to be delivered now. Think I'm going to go with 5 way Pioneers and a Boss amp
Thanks.... make sure to keep us posted on your progress.... i was looking at the 5 way... but i feel its toooo much highs not enough bass or mid range (for me).... i was going to go with component with seperate horns... but a budget is a budget... and it wasnt in the cards... i did however upgrade my stereo to a boss non mech with 3.2 inch screen so i could "watch" videos... (more for the wow factor when pulling up to a meet or at a light...) i wanted to do a double din touch screen but not enough room with out some glass work....

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm on one too. The price of the Pioneer 3 ways are looking really good compared to the 5 ways. Any problems with rain and your Pioneers?

·
Registered
81 Posts
What kind of head unit do you have? I'm pretty satisfied with the built-in amp in my JVC with Polk Audio 6x9s... But, I HAVE been thinking about upgrading also one day, I'll be following this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J Real which Polk speakers do you have? I'm looking at Polk DB691 speakers or Pioneer 6x9s

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm on one too. The price of the Pioneer 3 ways are looking really good compared to the 5 ways. Any problems with rain and your Pioneers?
I dont ride in the rain and i do waterless wahes on my bike... other than some fog while riding they dont get wet... i cover at night to keep condensation off... so no problems but i havent gotten them wet to see if there would be one... tho i did blow out one speaker ( had to replace) because i was in a rush and i didnt properly break em in... but now a days most all speakers are weather proof for the most part... its more the radio i worry about...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts