Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this '02 V-Star 1100 with these pipes. I really like the looks, but they are way quiet. When my Harley buddy is in front of me, I can barely hear to shift. The muffler insert is about a 14" long perforated piece - I'm thinking I should be able to get replacement inserts, but I don't know the brand of pipes. No markings, had them both off when I changed the oil. Help!!
YA 1.jpg

YA2.jpg

YA3.jpg

·
Registered
291 Posts
Kinda look like the Hard Kromes I have on my Roadie. They are far from quite on mine, you might have some after market baffles. There is a company that makes quite baffles for Hard Krome maybe you have some of them?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Quiet straight shots??? When you work out what they are I want a set! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Derailed75 - The bike has a Hard Krome sticker on the back fender, so you may have given me the clue I need. Thanks - off to do some pipe surfing.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I looked it up a company called Smart Partz, makes baffles called Hard Kore, quite baffles for Hard Krome pipes. If you pull them out and get the stockers I promise they will not be quite. The straights on my bike are very very loud. I will never be able to sneak up on someone, yup no stealth mode on the Roadie.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts