Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
2003 Vstar 1100 Silverado
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like all the other regions get some attention, but this one hasn't been touched in a year. Wondering why that is.

I live in South Philadelphia, but my garage is on the western outskirts of the city in Lansdowne.

Who's out there?

Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, 1982 XS650 Heritage Special
For your information @Dtap, I love this region and I touch it every day; sometimes twice. 馃崹

Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
It takes someone to start an idea of a ride or meet and follow up on promoting it. I tried for years to set up meets in Texas and until this year couldn't get anyone interested. Thought it was me, well making it is, as to why people didn't want to attend. The rally in North Carolina is about to have their third annual meet and greet. I went last year and planned to attend this year, until the virus crap put a damper on that. The Texas meet this spring had some momentum but the virus cut out attendance down to 4, but we had a great time. We are putting together a meet up on September 20 for Houston locals. @Boog has already replied, you two set up a meet half way between y'all. Then keep posting about it and others might follow. Good luck and wear this thread out putting it together.

Registered
Look at you @lesblank, not only a parts finder, but a match maker to boot.

@Dtap, I see that Gettysburg is about two hours from each of us. There is a lot of great riding around that area. I have stayed at Granit hills camp Ground during bike week there and think it is a great place with a few little cabins. There are other hotels in the township proper as well. I think we could have a ride in on a Friday, spend the night ride all day Saturday spend the night and go home on Sunday.

I am not free for the next few weekends though so this may take us into the cold part of Fall.

Registered
Who's out there?
I'm here about an hour away in SJ. My brother and I ride most Saturdays during the riding season and are always looking for new roads and scenery. I would be up for a ride in PA. We rode with a defunct group that would ride to Union Motel and ride back through some PA country roads. Fun dodging manure(lol).

Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
See @Dtap , you are up to three. One of y'all set a date. Then a destination in the middle for a meet up. Pick a place to eat and you are set.

Reactions: stratsurvivor

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Look at you @lesblank, not only a parts finder, but a match maker to boot.

@Dtap, I see that Gettysburg is about two hours from each of us. There is a lot of great riding around that area. I have stayed at Granit hills camp Ground during bike week there and think it is a great place with a few little cabins. There are other hotels in the township proper as well. I think we could have a ride in on a Friday, spend the night ride all day Saturday spend the night and go home on Sunday.

I am not free for the next few weekends though so this may take us into the cold part of Fall.
Whoa, we just met and now you want to spend the weekend together?!?!? Haha. Maybe we can just meet for breakfast or lunch one day.

I'm here about an hour away in SJ. My brother and I ride most Saturdays during the riding season and are always looking for new roads and scenery. I would be up for a ride in PA. We rode with a defunct group that would ride to Union Motel and ride back through some PA country roads. Fun dodging manure(lol).
Yeah, I do a fair amount of riding in the York/Lancaster area and it smells wonderful.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone available this Saturday morning?

Reactions: Boog

Registered
Anyone available this Saturday morning?
I can't for the next few weeks due to prepping for and then cementing a patio in my days off.

Registered
@Dtap et al,
I am thinking about a ride to Gettysburg on Oct 4th for lunch. Does any one want to meet up?

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anyone else interested and can make it? Is there another way to get the message out other than this thread? Can we start one in General Chat or somewhere else and provide the link to this one? Is that allowed?

Eddie's looks interesting to me solely based on the story. Wherever there is easy parking is better! Haha.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maybe next time. I can head your way one day too(before the snow & salt hits the road!)

Registered
Reactions: lesblank

Registered
In Philly too. Im in Port Richmond section. Havent done much riding this year. When I have I ride with a group called Bucks County Motorcycle Tours. They are doing a ride down the skyline drive in a couple weeks. Im not going on this ride but would like to ride together some time.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll have to check that one out balzout. Hopefully we have another winter like last year so I don't have to put the girls away for too long.

Registered
If you guys ever plan a Ride to Gettysburg again, there is a great Cigar Lounge (part-time job for me) on the square, right across from the Blue and Gray. I'd meet up with ya.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts