Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just bought a 2002 V-star 650 that's customized for a woman rider. I've had Harley's for a number of years and while I've owned Honda's, Kawi's and Suzuki's in the past I've never owned a Yamaha.

So the bike gets delivered to the house on Sunday night. It was late so we never got a chance to ride until the middle of last week. I go through a checklist with my wife so she's comfortable with the controls, she pulls out the choke, pushes start and the bike comes to life.

I want her to get used to the bike and the friction zone of the clutch so she pulls in the clutch, puts it into first and...the bike stalls. Hmm, interesting. We go through this procedure about 5 more times with the same results. I'm scratching my head, feeling stupid when it dawns on me that there must be a forum for Yahama's. I found this site, did a quick search, and found out instantly that there's a kickstand switch that shuts off the bike if the kickstand is not up and the gears are engaged.

I went back out, put up the kickstand and VaVoom! we're off to the races.

There may be tons of garbage on the internet, but sites like this are invaluable. We'll be sure to add this to our favorites. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard. Great choice for the wife.My wife rides the same bike.Sorry you still have to ride a hd lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts