Discussion Starter #1
Yamaha Star Venture Transcontinental: $26,999

Harley Davidson CVO Limited: $43,889

BMW Grand America: $25,595

BMW K1600 GTL: $27,745

Indian Roadmaster: $28,999

Honda GoldWing Tour (DCT): $28,899

Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager: $17,499

These are the competitions touring motorcycles offered to the public, none of them match the Yamaha Star Venture Transcontinental feature wise. The Yamaha includes passenger audio controls for listening to their own music separate from the rider, the passenger can use their cell phone separate from the rider, the passenger and rider backrests are heated along with the seats.

The Yamaha Star Venture Transcontinental simply offers more features at the best price of the available touring motorcycles on the market. When each of these motorcycles are compared feature for feature verse their price the Yamaha Star Venture Transcontinental is dollar for dollar the best deal of all of these touring motorcycles. Only the BMW Grand America and the Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager have lower MSRP prices but neither the BMW Grand America or the Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager can match the Yamaha Star Venture Transcontinental feature wise.

The Honda GoldWing Tour costs more, the Harley Davidson CVO Limited costs more, the Indian Roadmaster costs more, and the BMW K1600 GTL costs more yet all of these motorcycles do not match the features included by the Yamaha Star Venture Transcontinental.

https://youtu.be/Yn3G8kHxivs

·
Registered
126 Posts
I totally see where your coming from American and could not agree more. The puzzling part, and the part that probably has got people at Star Yamaha scratching their heads as much as I am, is the fact of how low of an impact the new platform with all those creature comforts had on sales. In reading that other thread where Mr. Excellence was talking about being let down because it appears that Star Yamaha is not continuing production on the SVTC for 2019 is clearly based on low sales - it has to be. It almost appears that the common consumer is just not that interested in add on features and luxury comforts. Something that, at least in my short experience, has been going on for decades. Case in point?Many years ago my father owned and rode a big touring motorcycle called a Suzuki Cafecade. That thing had more whistle and bells on it than ANY other motorcycle (including the Goldwings) of it's era, matter of fact it came stock with more options than were even available with any of the other bikes and was way faster and more comfortable too - at least according to my mom and dad :) . My dad bought it new for way less than the new Goldwing at the time too. Funny thing was, for some reason the Gold Wing out sold the Suzuki many times over and the big Suzuki ended up being cut from production after a couple years due to lack of sales, for some reason the buying consumer was just not interested and Suzuki must of figured it wasn't worth the battle. Looking back at that day and age, I distinctly remember my father shaking his head in disbelief of it all and making the statement of "this makes no sense".
Ironically, last summer we were dropping off some junk at a local recycle center and noticed a gentleman dropping off a fairly complete 86 Suzuki similar to the one my dad had owned. I was SHOCKED that he would turn it in for "junk" when I had watched a same year and just as junk (it was definitely a non runner) Harley sell on a street corner down the road from us for $4000 and it had only sat there for 1 day. I asked the guy with the old Suzuki touring bike about it and he said he had tried to get $200 for it (scrape price) all summer to no avail. Makes no sense..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts