Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been told it will, but according to the the description of the item it will fit XVS1100A Custom 2000-2009, XVS1100 Classic 99-2003. Is it an issue of the hub? or is the spindle different. If they are incompatible is there a way to rectify that? I am having a hard time find wheels to fit this bike. Sorry, I feel like a little kid in over my head on this whole bike thing. I have too many questions.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I have been told it will, but according to the the description of the item it will fit XVS1100A Custom 2000-2009, XVS1100 Classic 99-2003. Is it an issue of the hub? or is the spindle different. If they are incompatible is there a way to rectify that? I am having a hard time find wheels to fit this bike. Sorry, I feel like a little kid in over my head on this whole bike thing. I have too many questions.
All 1100 wheels will fit any 1100.

The front wheel on the Custom is narrower and taller, but with a tire mounted, the total height is almost exactly the same as the Classic and it will fit the Classic...and vice versa

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha. Thanks man. Luckily I actually found the right wheels. I am just glad that there are smarter people than me who are also friendly and willing to help.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
We all started somewhere. It's a good idea to find a Yamaha dealer site that has parts break downs....you can look up the numbers for different years and see if they are the same....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts