1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
894 Posts
It's not offered on other models and the rear rack that is available for different models isn't available for the Raider. To me, the bolt pattern looks too short for the 1300. I'd have to see it in person, for sure. Maybe someone with a Raider can chime in with measurements.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bit the bullet and ordered a v star one from someone on kijiji. It will be shipped on Monday. I got it for 75 bucks. For that price I'll like it as much as anything else I find.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Let us know. I've been looking for a solo rack to mount behind the passenger pillion but not on a sissy bar. Cobra makes one but no application for the 1300. The one for the Raider looks like it possibly could be the same bolt pattern but prob not.

May have to take off the passenger pillion or add a sissy bar but would prefer to not do either.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/images/BLV2-4265.jpg

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let us know. I've been looking for a solo rack to mount behind the passenger pillion but not on a sissy bar. Cobra makes one but no application for the 1300. The one for the Raider looks like it possibly could be the same bolt pattern but prob not.

May have to take off the passenger pillion or add a sissy bar but would prefer to not do either.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/images/BLV2-4265.jpg
We need a raider rider to chime in and give some measurements on both locations. That said for the simplicity of design of the one you posted, I would be tempted to build that one. I built the rack for my fender but never finished the mounts. That was the hard part due to the compound curve of the rear fender. Now that I have this one coming, I will take my time and try something else in the future.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good idea; will ask for the measurements on the Raider forum. Wish I had the fabrication skills to make one.
I would make one from cardboard and fit it up to your bike. Make your modifications to it. Get you final draft and take it to someone with a water jet table and get it cut. It may cost you a couple hundred but at least you could say you designed it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts