Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people, i got it into my head the other day to remove my wind screen form my 2001 V star 1100. I started by removing the two bolts that hold the bracket onto the top of the forks; they are hex headed #8 1.25 bolts about 2 inches long. they came out easy enough but they only go back in part way. i don't want to force any thing but they just wont go in all the way. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Let me fix that .....

Your screen is off and your headlight is removed to access the bolts below the fork head, correct?

Are the side brackets still connected?

If so, they may be stressing the upper bracket just enough to keep it from going in easily.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually i took the top bolts off and then decided against the removal for lack of proper tools( lower hex bolts were odd size) so upon replacing the bolts i found they would not go back. for clarification there seems to be 4 bolts holding the bracket on to the bike. the top 2 (left and right sides) go into the triple tree at the point where top of the shock absorbers are but off to the side.

the head light does not come into play with the removal of this windshield

1 - 3 of 3 Posts