Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I just got my Venture about 3 weeks ago. I had done a couple test rides and a demo ride and never heard this before, but I'm guessing I never hit the window for this to occur considering its very narrow. But, with the windshield all the way up when I hit 40 mph and all the way through 45 I get a whistling that is solid and constant that I can easily hear with a full face closed. Its not there at 39 and it goes away at 46, if I lower the windshield about and inch it goes away. I've narrowed it to the last 2 outside inches of the metal decorative strip. If I put tape from it to the windshield it goes away. I've tried putting a thin piece of plastic under it and coming up about 1/2 and inch above trying to change the air flow but that didn't work. Just trying to tinker and find a solution and narrow even further where it's coming from.

Has anyone else heard or have this issue? My problem is I live in Washington state and tons of the roads here are 40-45 mph and I ride the 35 at 40 to, so it's pretty constant and with my height tl lower the windshield to make it go away it puts the top of it right in my view and lower gives me more wind noise. This is very frustrating.

Thanks from the new guy.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I believe most windshield fitment calls for you to just see over the top of the windshield. I don't know if that will help or not. I do know what you mean i have a wind noise on my truck for 18 years. Good luck keep us posted

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very common. Remove the metal trim from the front, install weatherstripping from Home Depot, replace metal trim..DONE!
Ok well I tried that, sort of lol. I just tried about 6" on either side, put it on the metal and screwed it back on, didn't make a difference. Did you put it it all the way across, on the cowl or the metal and top or bottom of where the metal strip rides?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...you may have....
where did the "edit button" go?
Yeah that's what I'm thinkin now. I'll try all the was across next, thanks. YES I do remember those, if I still lived back in deer country I might leave it lol. And btw the Yamaha Parts House has the full parts catalog for the bike, the plastic washers are $2.95 for 4 as well as the screws.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
4,673 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ok well I tried that, sort of lol. I just tried about 6" on either side, put it on the metal and screwed it back on, didn't make a difference. Did you put it it all the way across, on the cowl or the metal and top or bottom of where the metal strip rides?
I went all the way across and taped it to the paint. I figure I can remove the tape and not have to worry about paint getting scratched, don't care if the aluminum trim gets scratched on the bottom side.

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
you have to download the words....

Had a 2000 Saturn, the antenna whistled at 75mph

in 2001 they moved it to the rear fender

1 - 13 of 13 Posts