Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been through three failed loops of trying to update W10 from 1803, to the now released 1809. Has anybody successfully updated through W10 Update?

Been trying this all night....sheesh! :(

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I have tried to update from W10 1803 to W10 1809, with absolutely no success. On the second reboot, the update crashes, and reverts me back to my 1803 version. This is happening to a very many others, as I have been scouring the Net for a solution. I have tried 4 avenues to update...the built in updater, the M.S. Updater Assist, burning an x.iso image...and the Command Line. With each of the mentioned...the same place in the sequence, and then the BSOD...and back to my 1803 version. Like I said, while some are getting it installed, there are many across the Net that have experienced exactly my outcome.

So...there is something buggy in the sub-routines...and I'll just put it off, as I can with W10 Pro. That's enough of that B.S.! Microsoft...for all of us that can NOT get a successful install....FIX IT!

:)

I'm happy to continue with v1803 anyways...as mostly eye-candy in the 1809 anyway.... ;) No radical new features.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for the update Par. I’ve got 4 systems at home that will probably be nagging me about the update when I boot up this weekend when I get home. It almost sounds like MS deployed the update too early, or hadn’t tested on more than 1 or 2 system specs, which wouldn’t really surprise me.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the update Par. I’ve got 4 systems at home that will probably be nagging me about the update when I boot up this weekend when I get home. It almost sounds like MS deployed the update too early, or hadn’t tested on more than 1 or 2 system specs, which wouldn’t really surprise me.
I kinda feel it is not my system spec...for I have easily upgraded from W7 to the initial W10, and then, every other twice a year version, from then thereon. Same of course to get my v1803. I personally think there is some fatal flaw that is causing the PNP Driver crash, with the sub-routines, then on the next auto reboot, recovering your v1803 desktop. The one thing to truly warn about...is that I had made a full back up of my 1803 installation BEFORE even the first attempt. Some have reported that after the first or second failed attempt, they were FUBAR'ed by a totally no longer working W10 install...and no prior W v.x recovery. So folks...before you decide to try this...make a full back up of your C: drive. Don't merely rely on the update sub-routines to do that for you...for some, not all...that didn't work!!!!

Or...if you can...and you have W10 PRO, or an Educator's version...go into your Update Settings and change the channel to Semi-Annual, instead of Targeted...and that will give you a year, before the 1809 gets shoved down your system throat, lol. That was one of the main reasons that I purchased W7 Pro in the first place....letting you decide what Update downloads gets put onto your system...and not M.S.!

FYI

1 - 4 of 4 Posts