Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I just got this 2007 Vstar 650 and the windshield was not on it. I have it mounted with the two bolts it looks like it should be. But it wobbles a bit and I'm not sure if I have it right. or I am missing something? There is also the passing/running lights added with the turn signals.

https://ibb.co/fsGc8T
https://ibb.co/gCeVTT

·
Registered
182 Posts
It's hard to see on the photos but there should be a lower bracket that bolts to the lower triple tree. The lower end of the side brackets bolt to that.That would make two bolts on each side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does that bracket go away when you get the running lights on? I wish I had a pic or could see one in person like this.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The lower bracket is a curved piece of 1/2" tube that bolts to the triple tree with the headlight bracket bolts. I don't see it in your pics. The windshield is too high, it should be moved down to the next bolt hole .Maybe they took the bracket off to mount the running lights.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
rn2god I don't believe your windshield is a Yamaha brand. That's why your mounting bracket is completely different. DarkPaladin, the others are telling you correctly, you are missing your lower bracket. You need two bolts on each side. There is no way to keep it rigid with only one bolt per side.

·
Registered
52 Posts
rn2god I don't believe your windshield is a Yamaha brand. That's why your mounting bracket is completely different. DarkPaladin, the others are telling you correctly, you are missing your lower bracket. You need two bolts on each side. There is no way to keep it rigid with only one bolt per side.
Roger. Mine is a Slipstreamer.

·
Registered
360 Posts
This is a National Cycle windshield but the differences shouldn't be great. 2 bands on each fork that hold the mounts.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is what the mounting brackets should look like for the Yamaha windshield.
I found this last night searching. I have the bottom bar. It was in the saddle bag. I don;t have the rest. The top bar is on the bike and that's what I'm bolted to now. So I'm going to probably buy the kit to get the missing parts.

It's a Yamaha windscreen. It says Silverado on the front of it. According to the guy I bought it off of. All the parts except the pipes are Yamaha. I'm guessing they lost some of the brackets at one point. Hence why the windscreen wasn't on the bike when I bought it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I managed to get a kit from my dealer. They had one sitting on the back shelf with about an inch of dust on it. It's on there and looks good. Bad part is that the light bar they put on won;t fit. The driving lights hit the wind screen. SO Off they go, and I found a full turn signal bar set on Ebay. Put them back to stock. In Alaska we don't drive when it's dark anyways.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts