Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a windshield bag for my 950t. I see a lot of listings but don't know if i need to look for one specifically for the oem windshield. So far i've liked the 3 pocket ones i'm seeing.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I could be wrong but from what I have seen the three bag models are made more for a fairing and too big for just a w/s. I would do as suggested above and just get a universal fit single bag.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Almost all the universal bags I've seen have a single hole/mounting bracket in the center. I started looking at other bikes and noticed most of the HDs have a bolt in the center. My '05 Silverado does not have a center bolt. I measured between the L brackets on the inside of my mount and got a 10" (I think) bag off FleeBay for <$20. It has the single center hole but it has a metal bar on the inside almost the whole width. I measured the distance between the 2 inside windshield bolts and drilled 2 new holes. I had to go my Home Depot and get some Longer SS bolts but otherwise everything looks great. Love the ability to keep gloves, sunglasses, and other small items in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts