Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a link to a windshield bag that attaches to the stock windshield crossbar? Every one I find online seems to mount with a single center bolt and I don't want to drill holes in my stock parts.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I purchased a nice leather windshield pouch for tools, etc. However it would attach to handlebars, best. Check out Fox Creek Leather, Independence, VA 24348 I am sure they could help you. Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,642 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,642 Posts
Just drill holes in bag where they need to be inorder to rise bag for key clearance. Use the windshield bolts to secure. Pretty easy and should look good. At that low price use it just for a while until you find a better one. I've look for items like this before and ended up using what I first got because worked.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just drill holes in bag where they need to be inorder to rise bag for key clearance. Use the windshield bolts to secure. Pretty easy and should look good. At that low price use it just for a while until you find a better one. I've look for items like this before and ended up using what I first got because worked.

It uses straps to attach on the back. It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be. I've already sent it back. I got it for pretty much free anyways.

-Jghake

·
Administrator
13,674 Posts
For those looking, the River Road Momentum bag doesn't fit very well at all. It is way too big and won't allow for access to the ignition key.

http://www.bikebandit.com/riding-gear-and-accessories/motorcycle-bag/motorcycle-luggage/river-road-momentum-handlebar-windshield-bag
i have the same bag on my windshield sans the metal studs. while i agree that the bag does obstruct the ignition somewhat, it's no problem for me to slightly move the bag up with my hand while i'm inserting the key.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Does anyone have a link to a windshield bag that attaches to the stock windshield crossbar? Every one I find online seems to mount with a single center bolt and I don't want to drill holes in my stock parts.
My bag had a single hole. There was a metal bar on the back of the bag kinda [ shaped that went across the windshield mounting bar to keep the bag straight. I just drilled 2 holes thru the bag and [ bar where my windshield bolts were. I needed to stop by my local hw store and buy slightly longer bolts but that was it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts