Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2006 Roadliner yesterday. Previous owner cut down the star windshield and it's now too short and the wind buffers my helmet. Can someone point me to a source to buy just the plastic?

Or even better, does anybody have a stock windshield they want to sell?

·
Registered
245 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
My bad on the last information posted.. I referred to the Vstar1300 not your Stratoliner. Updated to factory part number for Strat now . but contact Rifle.com . They should be able to give you pricing for a replacement.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ouch on the price. If it was a Memphis Shades I could replace it for less than $100

My bad on the last information posted.. I referred to the Vstar1300 not your Stratoliner. Updated to factory part number for Strat now . but contact Rifle.com . They should be able to give you pricing for a replacement.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ouch on the price. If it was a Memphis Shades I could replace it for less than $100
Agreed on the price but it is the full windscreen not a chunk like on the memphis..

You could also look at a windscreen extender ..

https://www.amazon.ca/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=windshield+extension&tag=googcana-20&index=aps&hvadid=232325256637&hvpos=1t2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=24891558350470026&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9001066&hvtargid=kwd-305636926503&ref=pd_sl_4yt6z571lh_b

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'll just keep an eye out for a used one. I don't like the looks of the extender plus I had a flash of it coming off and hitting me in the face :surprise::laugh:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Picked up a 2006 Roadliner yesterday. Previous owner cut down the star windshield and it's now too short and the wind buffers my helmet. Can someone point me to a source to buy just the plastic?

I have two, used Rifle and OEM that is almost new condition. Both are 18.5" from top of cut out

PS: We met....I'm rc5658 over on Strat forum

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have two, used Rifle and OEM that is almost new condition. Both are 18.5" from top of cut out

PS: We met....I'm rc5658 over on Strat forum
Mine is cut down to 17 3/4. The extra height might solve the problem. The wind is catching on my visor if it's up the least little bit. It rattles it even when it's all the way down. I rode with my 1/2 helmet the other night (short ride to dinner) and it hit that helmet enough that the flip down sun visor was vibrating in a very irritating way.

Let me say that it's not that I want to be fully behind the shield. My other bike is a 03 Concours with a Rifle screen. I don't get the buffeting on my helmet when I ride it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think I'll just keep an eye out for a used one. I don't like the looks of the extender plus I had a flash of it coming off and hitting me in the face :surprise::laugh:
Came here to start a new thread about 'flash'. I assume you're talking about the Instrument Cluster lights reflecting in your line of sight? That's my problem. I just purchased a 2014 Stratoliner S (new) at the end of March and took my first long-distance trip this past weekend (Dayton, OH to East of Memphis, TN). I arrived at my final destination just after full dark on a two-line unlit country road. I could either see the first 30 feet of road in front of me or, above the horizon because of the Cluster lights - unless I stood up and looked over the windshield. I didn't have the manual to dim the lighting so I just left the windshield off until I was ready to go home - then left early enough to not get caught in the dark again. If the windshield tilt isn't adjustable, I'm thinking of having mine cut down or replacing with a shorter one I can look over. If I'm hijacking your thread, please say so and I'll start a new one.

·
Registered
121 Posts

Lordy, I just noticed your location. I just passed through Nashville late Sunday morning. We might could have worked out an even swap! Is yours a cut down OEM Quick Release with a lock? We might still be able to make this work.

·
Registered
295 Posts
It's the end of July, did you find a solution yet, I swapped my stock windshield with a Memphis shade and a clearview curved windshield, have an almost new original windshield that came of an 07 Strat. It's wrapped for storage or shipping. I could make you a fair price if you need it. I don't need it. never planning on going back, also have the brackets except the bushings which went to someone else a few years ago. Let me know if you need it.

Duane.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts