Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for small case to attach to windshield to carry small items. Any suggestions? Thanks :)

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Looking for small case to attach to windshield to carry small items. Any suggestions? Thanks :)
I got mine on fleabay for <$20. May have been <$10 I can't remember. It's PVC but looks like leather. Came with a single center hole. I had to drill 2 holes thru the metal plate in the inside because my windshield (Silverado) does not have a center bolt.

·
Registered
207 Posts
When I bought mine, it was called a windshield tool bag. If I remember right, it was less than $20. I found one that fit between the windshield brackets and fits down low and out of sight . Real handy for storing small items and keeping the clutter out of the saddlebags.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Are these windshield bags (purses) something that women mostly use? I bought a 2007 V-Star 650 a week ago and it came with one mounted on the inside of the windshield. It looks like a woman's change purse, and I'm not all sure if I want to leave it there.

·
Super Moderator
13,201 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have one on the front of my bars above the headlight, it has two buckles on either side and velcros to the fork. It's not bad, not sure how it will fit when I get the windshield on.. lol

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for my description...did not mean to offend anyone. Thanks for the suggestions for finding a "windshield bag", perhaps my research will be more successful, now. :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have one, and as others have said, they are great place for routine items such as your wallet, phone, keys, reg and insurance. Plus, pocket change. I hate having things in my pocket when riding, so I really like it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi CandyRedVstar That is exactly why I am researching for a windshield bag and for which I want to purchase this. What brand did you buy? and does it have velcro, straps w/buckles or turn button to keep closed? Thanks for your response. :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi CandyRedVstar That is exactly why I am researching for a windshield bag and for which I want to purchase this. What brand did you buy? and does it have velcro, straps w/buckles or turn button to keep closed? Thanks for your response. :)
I didn't buy mine; it came on the bike. I do not know the brand. This one has the turn button to keep it closed, which allows for one handed operation. Even when I wash the bike, it does not get wet in there (Of course, this involved being judicious with the hose).

It secures to the windshield using two of the bolts for the windshield frame. I know it is a Memphis Shades shield, so the bag must be compatible with that. :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts