Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok something different to discuss one of my windshields has the gradual black tinting below the chrome. And the upper part is like new but the tinted portion is starting to frack spider cracks.has anyone tried to retint or maybe paint the lower portion of your windshield and what results did you get. If the upper was junk I’d just replace but it’s in great shape and for the $100.00 that they want for the plastic I’d like to keep it for awhile. I talked to Memphis Shades and they quit making my black windshield go figure probably because of what I’m experiencing.

·
Registered
2008 vstar 1100 classic canadian edition
45 Posts
my sister had a red one,same problem. they met memphis shades at sturgis and they sent a newone.
it almost beet them home.

as for tinting it you could get the graduated black to silver to cover it.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,948 Posts
I put window tint on the lower portion of a windshield once to cover a chemical spill stain that was on it. Worked pretty good and actually lasted a few years. Just remember to put tint on inside or shield. Tint is cheap, give it a try. You can remove if you don't like it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was wondering if they had a tint spray I will have to run to a store and give that a try. As I didn’t want to spend the big bucks right now with everything else that is going on right now.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
There is. I tried one 40 years ago on my rear truck window it didn't work as well. The trick is light coats and even. I sprayed while hanging up so you could see thru it. I also did similar on old shadow with opaque paint.
Shadow 022.JPG

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And yes I found the black windshield tint on amazon got it coming later this week possibly.
Now all I will need is some better weather to get it sprayed can’t hurt it any and worth trying to save a buck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts