Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with a decent amount of looking i can find liners for about 8k, do you guys think it could go much lower during the winter?

·
Registered
672 Posts
New or used? There are very very few left-over new ones left anywhere. I've got friend who works for Yamaha corporate so I have that info under good authority.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Check craigs list if your in the market for a used one.I've seen them for 6k with less than 10,000 miles and a few aftermarket goodies installed.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Filer's powersports in Upstate NY still has a leftover 2009, in red, for $8500. Full factory warranty, and it's really pretty. I know, it was sitting right next to my 2009 silver, also new with no miles, that I bought under $8000.

When I was shopping, I found quite a few new, non-current deals out there that were just silly money. Half price for a motorcycle? Yes please.

http://www.filerspowersports.com/pages/newvehicles/viewmodel/62/63/1018/2009/yamaha-roadliner-s.aspx

their site is goofed, but you can see the deals.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live in Tn, i am looking to buy used and maybe new if the price and financing is right, That being said i am not in the market at the moment i am waiting until my vstar is paid off. I am just wanting to know is the 8k for a used bike i am seeing the best i am going to find for a well cared for bike realistically?

·
Registered
672 Posts
I don't know how soon you'd be in the market but I'd bet you can expect to find a nice used example for $8k and under

·
Registered
122 Posts
I live in Tn, i am looking to buy used and maybe new if the price and financing is right, That being said i am not in the market at the moment i am waiting until my vstar is paid off. I am just wanting to know is the 8k for a used bike i am seeing the best i am going to find for a well cared for bike realistically?
No. Given the recent drop in new bike prices, I wouldn't go running around buying a used bike in good shape for $8000. I'd push the budget a little and go new for a little more, or look for bargains.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've had mine for sale on Craigslist for about a month now for $8,000 and now $7,500. Firm, with not even 1 inquiry. It's a 2007 candy red Roadliner with about 4,800 miles on it in mint condition with about $800. in accessories. I guess I'll keep it because I'm not taking any less for it. I guess this time of year and the crappy economy aren't helping.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I've had mine for sale on Craigslist for about a month now for $8,000 and now $7,500. Firm, with not even 1 inquiry. It's a 2007 candy red Roadliner with about 4,800 miles on it in mint condition with about $800. in accessories. I guess I'll keep it because I'm not taking any less for it. I guess this time of year and the crappy economy aren't helping.
Yeah, this is definitely the wrong time to sell a bike if you live someplace with 4 seasons.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Would you take a vstar 1100 and 4 grand for it? >_> lol.

Sloans in Murfresburo wants 14000 for a 2010 stratoliner, i laughed when he said it is a great deal.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Would you take a vstar 1100 and 4 grand for it? >_> lol.

Sloans in Murfresburo wants 14000 for a 2010 stratoliner, i laughed when he said it is a great deal.
Uhhh... No thanks I just bought my new '09 Strat S for little more than double that. lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts