Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i am fighting Winter. I wanna ride and I am trying to fight the cold. Does anyone wear a snow suit to help keep warm. I won't ride below freezing (Mama's rule, not mine) but my question is...what do you all wear in the 45-34 degree range. I am considering getting a snow suit to keep warm... I don't really want an electric suit...

Toymaker

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
Down to about 40F you need riding gear with a windbreaker layer, including pants, a full face helmet, something that covers your neck and good gloves.

I use split leather with "thinsolate" liner gloves from walmart (~$15) most often. I have a pair of HD winter gloves that I got a great deal on from the Goodwill store, but they are big and bulky, and the nylon outer shell does not give me a confident grip on the clutch or brake levers.

The best thing you can do is put a windshield on the bike.

I only ride up to about 45mph on my 1/2 hour commute, but Im comfortable with my gear.

If you get on the interstate and are going 75mph look at the windchill vs windspeed graphs -high speed winds strip the heat off any exposed skin and goes thru anything that 'breaths'. Thats a whole different ballgame.

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
A snowmobile suit kept me warm on my sled at minus 25C so I'm sure it'll work on your bike above freezing. You might have to pay more for one that's warm and not too bulky though.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I agree with patrickdk on Firstgear I rode with these for seven years as low as 27. Not to bulky I got it large enough to wear a light jacket underneath if it warmed up later

1 - 6 of 6 Posts